CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

My first tattoo! =] Everyone, show 'em off!

Old 02-02-2010, 01:34 PM   #1
JeniDB
My first tattoo! =] Everyone, show 'em off!

I looked around and saw a couple of tattoo threads, but barely anyone replied to them! I decided instead of bumping an old thread, I'd start a whole new one! I know a lot of you snake crazies out there have some tattoos.. Post pictures! Post stories.

I have wanted the Holy Trinity since I was probably about 15 or 16, and my bestie has wanted another tattoo for awhile, so we were looking online for a design that she liked.. When I found the Holy Trinity.. With a Heart!

I have many more tattoo ideas, including a dove above my Holy Trinity.

Pictures:
1. This is my ouchy face. I have 14 piercings (had 15.. but my tongue webbing fell out *sad*) but I was used to a whole different kind of pain!!
2. This is the finished outline.
3. The finished product.
4. All wrapped up and ready for the Canton cold.
5. The morning after!

Old 02-02-2010, 01:43 PM   #2
v_various
That's really cute! I kind of promised myself/procrastinated that I'd get at tattoo at 30. Two more years to go and I STILL have no idea what I'd want.

Old 02-02-2010, 01:48 PM   #3
JeniDB
Aww, ya gotta hurry hurry hurry! It's addicting, so you have to make time for many many more! I don't think it will be as addicting for me as piercings are, just bc piercings are generally much cheaper lol

Any ideas what you want yet?

Old 02-02-2010, 02:07 PM   #4
ArpeggioAngel
Very cool tat - especially for your first one! I still have a couple more I want to get...a snake, a dreamcatcher with a bear claw and a celtic design.
These are my current tats...
My first - located on right shoulder blade:

My 2nd - located lower right back:

My third - located left shoulder blade:

And my most recent - on the base of my neck:

Old 02-02-2010, 04:31 PM   #5
mortava
My tattoos!

I like the placement of your holy trinity tattoo - it looks great!

I haven't shared these here yet, so here are my tattoos!

Moths:

Snake:

Chickadee:

Old 02-02-2010, 05:11 PM   #6
Tula_Montage
STUNNING work Mortava! Especially the magical night time moth.

I have one tattoo that I got when I was 16. It's the eye of Horus, representing all the 5 senses, plus the 6th which is thought. It absolutely symbolises me and the type of person I am as I am a very sensual person. I take so much pleasure in sensory stimulation ie mesmerising and inspiring sights, invoking sounds, tantalising tastes and smells (im a foodie at heart) and tentative touch (especially wet mud and silky smooth animal fur). The 6th sense is what I consider to be the most powerful. My thoughts make things meaningful. They keep me out of trouble (and get me into a lot of trouble if I voice them inappropriately), they take me away to magical little places in my head, they allow me to make sense of the world and the things I do and most importantly my thoughts are where my imagination runs wild. I only wish sometimes I could show other people my thoughts, exactly as they appear in my head.

My tattoo is not intricate or impressive to look at, but it is important to me and what it represents. And, I have never seen my tattoo. Only through the aid of mirrors as it on the back of my neck. My third eye, if you wish

Old 02-02-2010, 08:22 PM   #7
pwargcm
i got 2 1/4 tattoos right now. ones just a word so i dont really consider it a full tattoo. the others are a tree of life, and the three wise monkeys. dont judge on my baby face, lol.

Old 02-02-2010, 08:39 PM   #8
LBoz
Yow! I bet that mouth one hurt!

Old 02-02-2010, 08:57 PM   #9
pwargcm
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBoz View Post
Yow! I bet that mouth one hurt!
i really was laughing when i happened. its a different experience. i dont think it hurts, i know some that do think it does. to me it just made my lip feel like it moved under its own power.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:03 PM   #10
JeniDB
Arpeggio - I reeeally love that dragon/Celtic one. That's gorgeous. Also, I have a few ideas on my tattoo list, one of which is a cross between the infinity (not the Nissan!) symbol, and a snake. =] Haven't drawn it up yet. Just imagine an infinity symbol, with a snake body!

Mortava - Those are insanely detailed and gorgeous! I love your forearm tattoos, and especially that shoulder piece. How long did all of those take?

Elle - it's not unimpressive by any means. It's the meaning behind the tattoos that matters the most. And your explanation was actually a bit dazzling.

Patrick - I really want a lip tattoo, but my bestie won't let me. LOL. She rules my life, and decisions. She's sitting here watching me type this, laughing, but deep down inside, she's going "Hell yes I run you. Go make me a sammich!" And your chest piece is really intriguing. Is there any story behind it? I'm interested.

I've made quite a few terrible, self-destructive, decisions in my life, so one of my next tattoos (unsure of where. Probably my left wrist) will say "The Past is Practice". I can't lay claim to it - saw it on-line. =] Give credit where credit is due.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google