CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

My first tattoo! =] Everyone, show 'em off!

Old 02-03-2010, 11:24 AM   #31
Sharon
Here is my first tattoo... the 2nd time lol

Old 02-03-2010, 12:27 PM   #32
mortava
[quote=v_various;1047384]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortava View Post

Moths:

!!!!
I've been researching local tattoo artists and I know I've run across yours in someones portfolio. I can't remember where, what's the name of your artist? The moths are amazing!

Yeah, this thread has reminded me. I do want a tattoo, I just wish they weren't so expensive.

Thank you! My tattoo artist is Adam Sky (www.adamsky.ca) and my tattoos are definitely in his portfolio!

Old 02-03-2010, 12:28 PM   #33
snakemom1961
I don't have any. But if I were to get one it would be one of my kids names in a circle in my dads handwritting. He died when I was 16. He had the most beautiful handwritting. I have a passage written out by him that I've been told can be scanned(even though it's on "onion" paper and the artist should be able to pick out the letters to tattoo my kids names.

I am so scared of needles and pain, I"ll probably never get one though..lol

Old 02-03-2010, 04:00 PM   #34
WHOOPS
this is just one of my leg pieces .. have a few more but i cant find any decent pics .. will post them if i can find them lol

Old 02-03-2010, 04:57 PM   #35
luckycharm318
My first (still unfinished after a year and a half ) tattoo!

I really liked what the Claddagh ring stands for, the basic design, and that it represented my Irish heritage (I'm a whopping 3/8ths or 37.5% Irish and proud of it! ) but I wanted something different, something that no one else has so I tweaked some things...
The heart is for love, the hands for friendship and the crown for loyalty.
Cairdeas Gra Dilseacht is Friendship Love Loyalty in Gaelic (and I know I'm missing an accent mark somewhere in the tattoo itself and in my writing here... good thing an accent is easily added )
Four hours of work so far, three for the outline and under shading and one for coloring the heart, and two more hours to finish.
The crown still needs to be finished and colored and the hands need to be colored as well, but I am financially unable at the moment and I don't particularly enjoy inflicting pain that is totally optional, upon myself. :P

A few more pictures of my (lack of :P) progress..

Right after I got it...

And a few days later...

Steph is a weirdo...

Old 02-03-2010, 05:40 PM   #36
Calift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsiriane View Post
Here is my first tattoo... the 2nd time lol

I LOVE this tattoo...it's simple, interesting and (of course) snakey!!

I need to design one for myself someday...I used to draw on myself with a sharpie when I was younger. Ha, I'll dig up some pictures and post them. Some of them looked quite real!

Old 02-04-2010, 12:09 AM   #37
JeniDB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid86 View Post
lol I'm not sure what else you expected me to call you.... love of my life? BFFFFFF? Amazing, perhaps?
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Yes.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:57 AM   #38
Daenerys
How do you guys design your tattoos? I don't really get how you're supposed to do that if you can't draw or something...

Old 02-04-2010, 09:47 AM   #39
BloodyBaroness
With my tattoos I found some design/art I liked then talked to tattoo artist and he sketched up the final art work.

Just start making a pile of things you like and most artists can use that a base to work something up for you. The more reference art the better in most cases.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:48 PM   #40
Daenerys
Alright, so I could just search google for pictures and designs I like, take it to a tattoo place, and they could draw me up something custom?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google