CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

My first tattoo! =] Everyone, show 'em off!

Old 02-04-2010, 12:54 PM   #41
BloodyBaroness
Yeppers. Do you have a place/artist in mind yet? With my tattoos I normally take the art by about week or so before I plan on getting the tattoo so they have plenty of time.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:00 PM   #42
Daenerys
Well my boyfriend got his done at a place nearby and he says they're a good place, so if I ever planned on getting one I guess I would go there? I don't know if I want to get one yet, though....don't even know where I would want it, especially because I don't want my parents to know cause they'd be really angry at me. They hate tattoos, they say they're tacky and they'll just look gross when you get old. But I kind of like the idea.....I'm just thinking about it, I guess. :P

Old 02-04-2010, 01:05 PM   #43
BloodyBaroness
Heh heh, trust better to over think a tattoo than to rush into it. My first one was a "rush into it" thing, I am currently having cover up work done on it. All my others I really put a lot of consideration into and they "felt right," if you will, when I decided to get them done.

It's all about something sparking the idea and then the timing will be there.

Here's a funny story, 3 of my tattoos my mother went with me and got a tattoo at the same time She jokes the family that gets inked together, stays together.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:18 PM   #44
Daenerys
Yeah, I most likely will over think this, cause they're pretty permanent.....once you get one, its really difficult to get it off >_>

I was thinking either something wolfey or something snakey....they're my favorite animals.

For wolf I kind of like these:

And for snakes I like this kind of pose:

But I would want it to be one of my pets...and not all hissy...

Old 02-04-2010, 02:07 PM   #45
Daenerys
Actually, I am thinking Drake with some dragon wings would make a cool tattoo! Drake is my corn, he's in my avatar. Thinking him with these wings:

would turn out pretty neat. What do you guys think?

Old 02-04-2010, 02:08 PM   #46
pwargcm
i wouldnt just say yeah i heard that this shop is a good shop and go there. i always walk into new shops just to see portfolios and talk to the artists. you have to get along with the artist and have faith in their skills more than anything. any artist can go over the outline they put on your skin, but can they follow up and shade it like you want it is a big factor. and plus youll be sitting for more than a couple hours and will want to just be able to bs easily with the artist. so even though your boyfriend said that its a good shop, walk in and talk to them personally.

designing a tattoo is not hard. i have no art skill but i find stuff i like show it to artists and get stuff drawn up. theyre good at their jobs and they know where it will look good on a body too.

Old 02-04-2010, 02:12 PM   #47
Daenerys
Ok, yeah, I would definitely have to talk to them first....but right now I am still trying to decide what I would want I doubt I will be getting one any time soon, for all I know this idea might just be a passing thing, interest sparked by this thread that perhaps will fade later. I have that happen a lot.

Old 02-04-2010, 02:36 PM   #48
v_various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daenerys View Post
I guess I would go there?
nononoonno, you need to look at every tattoo artist in your area (and even those who travel, tattoo artists are "guests" sometimes at other tattoo shops) to find one you like. Every artist is different, some put in more artistic flair than others (which I like). It is an important decision, pick one you like, pick THE BEST one, not just one that was recommended. I mean, it might turn out that he is the best, but decided for yourself after comparing him to others.

Old 02-04-2010, 02:39 PM   #49
Daenerys
o.o' That would be a lot of work lol, I have seen a lot around here.

Old 02-04-2010, 03:10 PM   #50
luckycharm318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daenerys View Post
How do you guys design your tattoos? I don't really get how you're supposed to do that if you can't draw or something...
They'll work with anything you've got! You can bring in google pictures, your own sketches (even if they aren't great), or just tell them your ideas. Giving the artist some artistic freedom is a good way to get a really great tattoo from them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google