CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Little Garden Buddy

Old 09-04-2011, 01:46 AM   #11
hypnoctopus
I absolutely love frogs! I don't find them as fun to handle as snakes, but I think they're very cute, and whenever it rains here in sunny Arizona, I always go out looking for them.

The last time it stormed, I found hundreds of teeny tiny frogs, which were adorable, but I was afraid of injuring their delicate bodies!

Unfortunately there's nothing in this photo to compare the size to, but just to give you an idea, this frog was smaller than my pinky fingernail.

Old 09-04-2011, 12:34 PM   #12
tspuckler
Nice. It's a young Sierran Treefrog (formerly known as Pacific Chorus Frog). They are highly variable in color and pattern. Here's a few that I found in the Las Vegas area:

Old 09-04-2011, 12:38 PM   #13
Stefanie
Oh my goodness what a tiny little cutie! I love treefrogs!

Old 09-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #14
pridecity
That tiny frog is so cute! When I saw the picture of it in your hand, I let out a "squee!" and scared the pants off my dog. She thought I had gone crazy. I love frogs!

Old 09-06-2011, 07:20 PM   #15
Rdoyle
I did not get a pic of but i saw a little tiny toad babie by are apartment. He was about the size of the fly.

Old 09-12-2011, 03:04 PM   #16
Faenaria
Thanks ts, you are absolutely right, it was a young Pacific Chorus Frog (still called that by the government frogwatch group?)

Old 09-14-2011, 04:32 PM   #17
Karoni
I looooove frogs. They are so dainty...well, some of them. Love those little treefrog toes. It's funny to me that some folks are afraid of them. I saw a gray treefrog once on the wall inside an office building. He was minding his own business. When I pointed him out to the receptionist, she squealed (and not with delight ). I relocated him in the great outdoors.

There are few sounds more wonderful that a frog chorus. I'm especially fond of spring peeper calls. They sound like jingle bells.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:38 AM   #18
tyflier
Yea the OP is a Pacific Tree Frog(Pacific Chorus Frog), Pseudocris[Hyla] regilla. The taxonomy is currently fluctuating on these little guys...a LOT...

This guy-

Looks like a very young, metamorph Spadefoot Toad. I couldn't make a guess as to the subspecies but the vertical pupils are a big clue...

Old 09-22-2011, 06:07 PM   #19
Faenaria
Found an even tinier one today on my doorstep! Took pictures, chased the cats off and popped him into the garden. Same type of frog, a pacific chorus, but this one was solid green! Will post when I get home from work

Old 09-22-2011, 06:13 PM   #20
Lyion
The frog reminds me of one that took shelter inside a clay mushroom house (originally meant for gnomes) It was adorable! He stuck his little head out of the door XD

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google