CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Biggest Wild Snakes You've Ever Found

Old 07-27-2009, 06:56 PM   #11
Allison
I don't have exact measurements for you... but she/he must have been over 5 or 6 feet!

Sonoran Gopher

Thats a standard size plastic shoe box.

Old 07-28-2009, 02:35 AM   #12
rolandslf
The biggest I caught was a 13ft. Afroc Python, weighed nearly 50 pounds.
I took photos with my mobile, will try to track them down on the memory card.

Ciao

Old 07-28-2009, 11:06 AM   #13
Caryl
My big snake story isn't as dramatic as some on here, but I have many fond memories of a big ol' black rat snake who lived around our barn in Indiana when I was growing up. He was well over 6 feet, which we know because Dad occasionally took a nap in the barn. The snake joined him on more than one occasion, so we could do a visual size approximation.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:23 AM   #14
The_Thunderer
LOL... May not be as "dramatic," but it is a funny story, Caryl!!!! Wish you coulda taken pics of that!

Old 07-28-2009, 08:59 PM   #15
ceduke
I was at the beach one day when a 4'-ish gopher suddenly meandered out of the bushes towards the BBQ, right in the middle of a family get-together. He sure wasn't shy! We played with him for a few minutes and then put him back in the bushes.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:45 AM   #16
Carinata
6 foot racer

Old 07-29-2009, 04:36 PM   #17
Floof
Before I even had any interest in reptiles (as pets or otherwise), my cousin caught an almost 4 foot garter snake on our way to lunch one day. I haven't seen a wild garter snake since then, though... =(

Old 07-30-2009, 11:25 AM   #18
Caryl
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Thunderer View Post
LOL... May not be as "dramatic," but it is a funny story, Caryl!!!! Wish you coulda taken pics of that!
I'd love to have had a picture, but it might have fallen into the wrong hands. Mom was a SERIOUS snake-o-phobe. If she'd ever seen proof of that snake, she'd have been inconsolable every time anyone went near the barn!!

Old 07-30-2009, 05:11 PM   #19
tspuckler
I haven't caught much over four feet in length - mostly Black Rat Snakes and Pacific Gopher snakes in that size range - maybe a bit longer. This Timber Rattlesnake was probably my heaviest (though I didn't weigh it).

Old 07-30-2009, 09:40 PM   #20
Michael823
At first glance that Timber Rattler looked like a young Anaconda, gorgeous snake!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google