CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Eggbound girl. Informative Egg Aspiration Video Included!

Old 04-16-2011, 12:34 PM   #11
smallet
I have to agree with those above. That video probably just saved a ton of females lives. Awesome job and huge thank you for taking the time to show the rest of us.

On another note. Hope all is well with that girl and may she make a full recovery.

Old 04-16-2011, 12:42 PM   #12
OkeeteeMom
Jessica, you're amazing and wonderful to catalog this so clearly and present it to everyone...WOW! I am in such admiration of people who share excellent information. I'm really happy for your snake and I hope for her continued well being...and some good pippies.

I can't imagine how stressful it is to do something like that...I could hear your 'sighs'.

Old 04-16-2011, 12:46 PM   #13
OkeeteeMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsschrei View Post
...Here's the you tube video link (I don't know how people embed videos right in the post)...

Old 04-16-2011, 01:53 PM   #14
jsschrei
OkeeteeMom- Thanks for embedding the video. How do you do that

Susan- Thanks for making this a sticky, and for the assurances that I did it right.

Everyone, thanks again. She's doing well this morning. I did not palpate her last night after she passed the second deflated egg because I wanted to leave her alone. She'd been through so much already. I don't feel anything more today so I think that she's done. She'll stay on paper/paper towels for a few weeks until I think she's clear of the possibility of infection. I'm going to offer her a mouse fuzzy and see if she'll take some nourishment before turning blue.

Old 04-16-2011, 01:56 PM   #15
OkeeteeMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsschrei View Post
OkeeteeMom- Thanks for embedding the video. How do you do that
Click on the YouTube logo and a code will pop up in the reply box.
Copy the code only (after the = sign) from the video clip and paste it in between the code.

This Link will help.

Old 04-16-2011, 02:16 PM   #16
Christen
Thank you much for posting the video. Like everyone else I hope I never have to deal with it but I have been prepared just in case. I have done tons of cystos on dog and cats but never a snake. And this video will put my mind at ease (as much as it can) if/when I have to do this. Again Thank you!

Old 04-16-2011, 02:18 PM   #17
jsschrei
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkeeteeMom View Post
I can't imagine how stressful it is to do something like that...I could hear your 'sighs'.
I noticed my sighs when I was processing the video. I didn't realize just how stressed I was until I heard it.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:37 PM   #18
Lennycorn
I just want to thank you Jessica for making this video for us to learn from.

Great job!!!!

Old 04-16-2011, 11:04 PM   #19
Airidies
Thank you so much for making this video! I'm so sorry you had to though and i hope your girl is doing much better now. You did an amazing job!

Old 04-16-2011, 11:44 PM   #20
BigByrd47119
Hello,

I would like to make one suggestion regarding the video. Change the name.

I did a quick search on "Egg Aspiration" on youtube and your video is no where on the list. By making it easier to search its possible that many more people will gain such incredibly useful knowledge as this.

I was thinking something about Egg Bound Snake Egg Aspiration, or something to that effect. It would allow you to reach out to a wider audience.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
aspiration, eggbound