CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Meet "Starburst"

Old 09-21-2017, 05:36 PM   #1
ElusiveC
Meet "Starburst"

This is Starburst. My pink snake ^_^

I purchased at a show this past weekend. I went kind of hoping to learn a little bit more about corn snakes and talk to a breeder, but there were literally no corn snake breeders, and no corn snakes (it was a tiny show). My friend and I walked around for a bit and I came across a "Corn Snake hybrid" I have never seen a hybrid corn snake so I inquired about her and what she was mixed with. The guy told me that she wasn't a hybrid, she was a blizzard corn snake. I was confused because she was pink (obviously not a blizzard). They told me they didn't know a lot about her, only that she was about 1 1/2 years old, eating well. The guy told me that they labeled her as a hybrid because they didn't know what she was and they didn't know a lot about corn snake morphs. I think they thought it might help them sell her. They had all boas/pythons/various venomous snakes. But who knows.

My friend who used to breed corn snakes told me she is pretty sure shes a hypo snow corn, but then I got a bunch of feedback saying she looks opal. She has a traditional corn snake pattern, its just really faded.

If anyone knows how I would be able to tell if she is in fact a hybrid that would be awesome. I love her anyway, but it would be cool to know.

Now I really just wanted to show her off because I think shes stinkin cute.

Old 09-21-2017, 09:20 PM   #2
DollysMom
I'm not a morph expert so I can't help on that, but she sure is lovely. Wishing you a long and happy life together!

Old 09-23-2017, 09:58 AM   #3
Karl_Mcknight
when people speak of Hybridized Corn snakes they are usually bred with King snakes, and a lot of folks refer to them as "Jungle Corns."

However, I am quite sure your snake is "Not" a Jungle Corn, as they typically have the "King Snake Type of Head." Your snake's head is 100% Corn snake.

I am not an expert on the Corn snake morphs either, but I'd be willing to bet your snake is 100% corn snake.

I "Googled" Pink Corn Snakes, and the <link below> is what came up. There are several pictures, a few of which look similar to your snake. Even Distinct well known Morphs can have color variations.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pink...w=1394&bih=655

Old 09-27-2017, 12:05 AM   #4
nancyg
OOo she's very pretty! congratulations!
Coral Snow? I think the Salmon snows are a deeper pink,
I know that Hypo was supposed to have some effect that seemed to add pink color to Snows.
Though later it was suggested that it might be Red Factor.
Am I remembering that correctly?

I can't imagine why they would label her as hybrid (other than not knowing about morphs?)
Was there any other info about her genetics? There are certain genes that were 'imported' from other snake species that could technically make her a 'hybrid' ( e.g. scaleless, Ultra)

But I also want to point out that depending on other genes in the parent stock will affect the 'look', IE a snow that was bred out from Okeetee stock would likely have bold outlines around the saddles and perhaps more yellow color overall ( since Okeetees are known for thick black borders, as well as vivid orange and red color ) A snow from Miami genetics, might have very little yellow, as their background color is very gray.

Old 09-29-2017, 10:11 PM   #5
Corning
I wanna play... salmon snow stipe. Het super cute rainbow butt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 10-13-2017, 03:52 PM   #6
ElusiveC
She is literally the cutest snake ive ever seen. I wish I could capture how pretty she really is, but I don't think photos do justice. She has a purple/pink tone over her whole body, and the only visable pattern you can see when you look up close is these peachy circles, I think she may be a motley, but its really hard to tell, and I don't know enough to label her as such.

I took some more photos the other day so I wanted to share <3. I agree though she is definitely Het super cute rainbow butt.

Old 10-13-2017, 03:59 PM   #7
DollysMom
Sadly your photos are gone. I’m so glad she is so pretty. She sounds like a very beloved snake!

Old 10-13-2017, 04:00 PM   #8
ElusiveC
Sorry I am still getting the hang of the photo thing. Hopefully these aren't too big.

Old 10-13-2017, 04:01 PM   #9
ElusiveC
Thank you Shes really sweet I love her a lot. Perfect restart to owning snakes, especially with a snake phobic partner.

Old 10-13-2017, 04:03 PM   #10
DollysMom
She could be a motley. It’s hard to tell. I certainly don’t see belly checkers, even faint ones, but there’s more to it than that. She is absolutely stunning!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google