CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Rich, how are things going?

Old 02-28-2004, 12:19 AM   #1
carl3
Rich, how are things going?

Rich, just wondering how this upcoming season is looking for you! I'm curious about how much time/work goes into planning? Have most of your animals been paired up yet? I would go crazy thinking about how to pair them together and what to expect.

Keep us updated!

- Jason

Old 02-28-2004, 04:37 AM   #2
Rich Z
Heck, the way I do it is that I will take down a female's cage, set it on the counter, and think "Hmm, what do I want to breed her with this year?"

Fact of the matter is, I haven't even labeled many new breeders coming online this year, so I don't even know what I will be breeding together quite yet.

I used to jot down notes for breeding plans in the upcoming season, but invariably, I could never find the notebook, or I would look at my notes and think I must have been crazy when I thought about breeding THOSE lines together. So why bother?

But I do think I am going to take more care and breed anything hypo with direct siblings this year. The results I got last year trying to outcross different blood lines with my various hypos nearly drove me over the edge. But at least I have a better handle on which lines will produce some really "killer" Hypo Lavenders this year. Hopefully......

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google