CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Cold temps....

Old 12-07-2010, 06:28 PM   #11
Walter Smith
I know how you are feeling Rich.........well kinda. I know you moved TO Florida from a colder climate. We did the opposite.

After Katrina wiped us out, we relocated here to the Appalachian mountain range of Northeast Alabama from Southeast Louisiana.

We hit 18 degrees last night for our low and it's suppose to be a bit lower tonight. Back home we rarely saw 32 much less snow. After being here for about 5 years now, we STILL can't get used to the colder temps. but we are tolerating it.

On a another note, the summers are easy to deal with here compared to humid sweatville back home..........

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Old 12-07-2010, 09:26 PM   #12
josie
I will trade you. We have about 4 inches of snow, low 20's and tomorrow we get the pleasure of high winds to go along with our wind chill advisory. Brrrrr

Old 12-08-2010, 12:42 AM   #13
ZoologyGirl
15 degrees here, with lows in the single digits, I'm just glad there is no snow as of yet (knock on wood). Apparently we've got an Alberta Clipper coming down later this week. Florida, even in the mid 20's, is sounding good!

Old 12-08-2010, 12:49 AM   #14
MysticExotics
Low 50's here right now....as opposed to a couple weeks ago, when we had snow, & it was 12 deg. You guys have it now.
I'd love to have more snow though.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:56 AM   #15
Rich Z
Double OUCH! I just checked the forecast and they are showing lows this upcoming Sunday and Monday night to be 14 and 15 degrees respectively!

I guess we'll lose some green anoles around here as they just don't take well to these kinds of temps. Spiders are dropping out of the trees at night to get close to the ground, so single strand cobwebs are everywhere.

I just don't know how much more of this global warming I can stand....

Old 12-08-2010, 07:47 AM   #16
Hallie
It's about 20 degrees here, with between 12 and 25 inches of snow depending on location (we have about 15 inches at the house, about 2 feet at our farm)...with more in the forecast...and I'm loving every minute of it.

Old 12-08-2010, 11:21 AM   #17
ratsncorns
The temps here and Florida are really close... crazy! I need to move back to Colorado, it was in the 50s there yesterday. I miss that temperate climate! And the amazing skiing!

Old 12-08-2010, 11:23 AM   #18
ratsncorns
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejr14 View Post

I stand by my comments that Tallahassee and points around are actually Southern Georgia. Whenever anyone thinks 'Florida' they assume warm. It's nice to actually have seasons up there instead of the rest of the state being 'hot' and 'hotter'.
I agree! I didnt really think of myself as being in Florida when up in Tally. Its very southern up there, culture-wise, and it gets a lot colder than most parts of Florida. I liked the seasonal changes there as well. I spent a lot of time in Central Florida and it was completely different! No comparison to the panhandle/big bend area.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:45 PM   #19
Rich Z
Well, I just checked the forecast for next week and it looks like the beginning of the week is going to be pretty crappy. They are predicting a low of 11 degrees Monday night/Tuesday early AM..... The low in Boise, Idaho for that day will be 36 degrees....

Only got up to barely 45 degrees here today (Wednesday). Low was around 25 or so. Probably get below that tonight.

Old 12-09-2010, 07:45 AM   #20
Walter Smith
14 degrees here this Thurs. morning.....

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google