CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snakes Wanted Looking for something special and you don't know who has it for sale? Post what you are looking for here and see if you get any bites.

blood red stripe

Old 05-20-2011, 02:37 PM   #1
cornbreadandmilk
blood red stripe

looking for a blood red stripe sub adult male. not sure what the going price is as i have seen it swing between 75-45

Old 05-20-2011, 03:08 PM   #2
Nanci
For a stripe? Good luck!!

Old 05-20-2011, 04:03 PM   #3
kgmax1228
Arrow Bloodred Stripe

on Steve Roylance's 2011 price list, they are $250 for hatchlings-saw3 y/o mot stripes on fauna for $50 ea
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=245698

Old 05-20-2011, 06:23 PM   #4
Mitchell Mulks
Yeah, they range from $200-$400, depending on the genetics. Most breeders sell out quickly because there are so few "proven" stripe bloods out there.

Old 05-21-2011, 02:02 AM   #5
cornbreadandmilk
wow that price is high now is that for babies aswell? well does anyone have any motely bloodreds?

Old 05-21-2011, 07:41 AM   #6
Nanci
Motley bloodreds are even more rare, but I _thought_ Steve Roylance had one. $200-400 _is_ a baby price. For a bloodred stripe. You _might_ get lucky and find a breeder selling off a spare adult male in the $300-500 range. I think part of the reason for the higher value is they mostly have additional hets such as amel, anery, lavender, lava, caramel, hypo, usually two or more.

Old 05-21-2011, 12:21 PM   #7
crackerhead
Not only "Good Luck" finding one in that price range but "Good Luck" finding some one willing to part with one. I have breed them for several years and I never have any that make it out of the egg without being spoken for. Don Soderberg might still have some available from Rich Hume's stock. I believe he charges between $200-$250 depending on quality of the stripe.
And like Mitch said beware who you buy from because it is very difficult to tell the difference between a Stripe and a Blood Stripe in a mixed clutch.

Terri

Old 05-21-2011, 12:52 PM   #8
cornbreadandmilk
wait are we talking strictly adult prices? cause here some babies for 69 http://www.reptmart.com/p-937-bloodr...-for-sale.aspx

Old 05-21-2011, 01:02 PM   #9
Mitchell Mulks
Yes, those are the correct prices for a simple bloodred. However, you started this thread asking about bloodred stripes. Bloodred stripes are snakes that are double homozygote recessive (stripe gene and diffusion gene). The snakes you just posted a link for are simple bloodreds; minus the stripe gene. The stripe gene makes it VERY hard to tell if the diffusion gene is present in a homozygote state. Which snake do you want, a simple bloodred or a bloodred stripe?

Mitch

Old 05-21-2011, 01:15 PM   #10
cornbreadandmilk
i would prefer the stripe but as i am broke due to school maybe something i can afford lol i was a little confused by the term motley i thought that was the normal color patches ? or is that the term for removed patches but yes i would just take a normal

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google