CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Corn Snakes Wanted Looking for something special and you don't know who has it for sale? Post what you are looking for here and see if you get any bites.

A little more specific wants!

Old 09-26-2012, 01:53 PM   #31
RobbiesCornField
I did want to add one more thing. Yes, I did have a very hard time a while back. But when I came back from it, I didn't come in all gung-ho looking for high end stuff, trying to create the next big thing. I saved up, and bought a little at a time. I took my time, looked into many different sellers just by browsing. If I found something I liked, I'd save for it, and buy it. I bought vivs and tubs before I had any idea what animals would fill them, or if they would ever be filled.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:59 PM   #32
Outcast
Please clarify something for me, It is you (LM) that is the pregnant one, and not your 7 year old daughter? The way you wrote it seemed as though your daughter is the pregnant one... Just wondering...

Old 09-26-2012, 02:05 PM   #33
diamondlil
A lot of us start out with falling in love with one snake, then buy some more, then want to try breeding.....then end up with random collections. (ME! Yep that's how I started. I don't regret buying any of my corns but there's no logic except to the keepers after I'd decided on my personal projects)
As you're actually starting over again, taking time to plan out your purchases makes more sense. As much as you know just how lovely owning a corn (or 30) is, in your position a more level headed approach would be better. As you have said both money is tight and at the moment there are other matters on your mind, to me personally it makes more sense to get the best rack system you can buy first, with all the equipment in place before even thinking about getting any snakes. Working out exactly how many of the morphs and combos you'll need to achieve your breeding goals will give you a structure to plan for and follow.
Will it be a 2, 3 or 4 generation project? Will you start with buying breeding age corns or buy a group of hatchlings to grow on? What will any future clutches yield in terms of 'byproducts', will those be common or high-end morphs, is there going to be a market for them?
A few years ago now I bred my first Christmas hypo diffused project snakes. I selected my keepers and sold the others. I did that a few times and guess what, I can't shift my brightly coloured Christmas hets so easily because some of my original buyers are breeding them now!

Old 09-26-2012, 02:06 PM   #34
LindsayMarie
Also I realize I am not the ONLY one with a child with a disability and it would be great to hook up and chat with them in an appropriate forum. However you must NOT or you would understand the time restraints at times were you just cant get to the computer for a few days at a time. Every child is different and some may demand little time, others alot and some on and off intense care. Thats what I was trying to say not that I have an autistic daughter so give me cheap snakes. I have been a member here a long time, been through alot of different situations, never had someone assume and treat me like crap like you. It isnt called for and is way off anyways. I had 2 grand to work with....thats not looking for handouts. So maybe know more before you post BS. If someone had a question with the way I worded something they can ask and I am SORRY if I sounded wrong or a certain way to anybody??!! I didnt mean to offed anyone and quite frankly dont see how it turned into bashing LindsayMarie? The other username is LindsayMarie81.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:08 PM   #35
Outcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbiesCornField View Post
I did want to add one more thing. Yes, I did have a very hard time a while back. But when I came back from it, I didn't come in all gung-ho looking for high end stuff, trying to create the next big thing. I saved up, and bought a little at a time. I took my time, looked into many different sellers just by browsing. If I found something I liked, I'd save for it, and buy it. I bought vivs and tubs before I had any idea what animals would fill them, or if they would ever be filled.
I think I remember this Robbie. It is great to see how far you have come from that time!

Old 09-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #36
LindsayMarie
I wish this entire thread and the other wanted one could be deleted......

Old 09-26-2012, 02:29 PM   #37
Outcast
If it was deleted, then no one could learn from it.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:39 PM   #38
Nanci
I think the personal comments here have run their course. I'd like this to get back to the subject of snakes, or better yet, Lindsay could just start a fresh thread here in this section with more particulars.

Old 09-26-2012, 04:03 PM   #39
Palmetto Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
I think the personal comments here have run their course. I'd like this to get back to the subject of snakes, or better yet, Lindsay could just start a fresh thread here in this section with more particulars.
No offense, but what purpose will a new thread of the same "wants" serve? Several of us either replied publicly or privately to her original post and from what I can tell, not a single one of these people have been responded too.

She stated three of us sent private messages to an account she was trying to merge. At the writing of this post, those have been responed to with so much as even a "go away, you are a mean person" or "Heck yeah, I really want that pair I previously indicated I wanted".

Just wondering why a new thread would change anything when all she has to do is respond to the people who offered to meet her previously stated wants?

Old 09-26-2012, 04:28 PM   #40
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto Reptiles View Post

Just wondering why a new thread would change anything when all she has to do is respond to the people who offered to meet her previously stated wants?

Good question. Still hasn't responded to anyone without even a simple thanks, I'll keep your offer in mind?

I may not feel like replying to every inquiry on my website about what size viv to keep a ball python in, or which thermostat is the best, or what brand of mice is the tastiest, but I still find the time. It's just polite.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google