CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snakes Wanted Looking for something special and you don't know who has it for sale? Post what you are looking for here and see if you get any bites.

Stone Washed Aztec Source

Old 03-26-2015, 08:10 PM   #11
crturley
I'm not sure if these are what you have in mind, but I have a pair of Anery Aztec/Zig-zag/Widestripes that produces nice Aztecs. They're het for Amel, Lavender, and Charcoal, so they produce Snows, Moonstones, Charcoal Moonstones, etc., as well as Aneries.

Provided things go well this year, I should have at least one clutch from them, available by July or August. I also have a number of their nicer progeny from last year. Let me know if you're interested in either. If you'd like to pick from the 2015s, I'll keep you first in line, but I'd prefer not to take money until I have healthy, feeding hatchlings in hand.

I've attached a few pictures from last year's bunch: some aneries (anery-charcoals?) and a moonstone (who for some reason decided to ball up for his photo).

Old 03-26-2015, 08:15 PM   #12
1CoolDad
Absolutely beautiful! Let me know when/iif you have any.

Old 03-26-2015, 10:11 PM   #13
Shiari
If you hatch out any male charcoal moonstones I would like dibs. I would LOVE to have an unrelated male to breed to Galena.

Old 03-26-2015, 10:29 PM   #14
crturley
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CoolDad View Post
Absolutely beautiful! Let me know when/iif you have any.
Thank you! I'll most likely post some of them for sale on this forum, but you might want to send me a PM or email in early August, to check back. Hatching season gets so busy, and I forget things. @_@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
If you hatch out any male charcoal moonstones I would like dibs. I would LOVE to have an unrelated male to breed to Galena.
Sure! The only charcoal moonstone from last year was female, but I'll keep you in mind if one crawls out this summer.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:45 PM   #15
Jessicat
Wow! I have another wishlist corn snake!

Like always

Old 03-28-2015, 02:44 PM   #16
MysticExotics
I've never heard of "Stonewashed" in Cornsnakes. I have only heard of Stonewashed Bredls Pythons.
Is it the faded out saddle coloring that they are calling Stonewashed, like this one?

Old 03-29-2015, 02:42 PM   #17
crturley
I've also never heard of it; I just looked at the picture of the one he liked, and it looked to me like an anery aztec/zigzag.

People often come up with their own in-house names and then sell animals using the term. I'm guessing that's the case here, but since it's not a generally recognized term, only the original vendor could say what he or she means by it.

What you're referring to in the picture above was originally called "frosting," I believe, although there's some debate as to what's actually included in the term.

Old 03-29-2015, 04:31 PM   #18
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by crturley View Post
I've also never heard of it; I just looked at the picture of the one he liked, and it looked to me like an anery aztec/zigzag.

People often come up with their own in-house names and then sell animals using the term. I'm guessing that's the case here, but since it's not a generally recognized term, only the original vendor could say what he or she means by it.

What you're referring to in the picture above was originally called "frosting," I believe, although there's some debate as to what's actually included in the term.
I have heard the term "frosting" before, in relation to this look. It's the only thing that makes sense in terms of the "Stonewashed" term that is mentioned. It doesn't make sense on an Aztec patterned animal.

Stonewashed in Bredl's Pythons: (photo by Nick Mutton of Inland Reptile)

Old 03-29-2015, 04:34 PM   #19
1CoolDad
The picture titled stone washed I seen a while back turned out to be an anery het hypo that was dubbed stonewalled as a trade name.

I couldn't find it when I looked for it again.

Old 03-30-2015, 09:04 PM   #20
twiztidsaint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google