• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

This year or wait?

She sure is! the next 2 eggs look like they might be a bit bigger. I'm hoping she'll pass them on her own, but have vet funds ready just in case needed

Only just saw this post u can ignore pm, if this one has passed im sure the rest will follow, a nice quiet night and day hopefully will do the trick.

She passed 2 big eggs last night, and had a big drink of water when I held her over the water bowl this morning. Next eggs inside her not quite so big

Attachments

• 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 106
Me again :) I just ran into the vet i told you about! Good timing, i told him your story and like everyone else thinks it's just a case of letting her get on with it in peace, he did say that the swimming technique may help but not to try it for a couple of days and after that if she still has any inside her I'll give you his number and he's more than happy to take a look if needed. He also said to spray the viv like crazy, really humid and maybe add an extra box full of wet tissue/paper towel for her that wont be opened until the time is up on whether to let her swim or not, just to give her a bit of choice to lay the rest in. Despite all this as i say he isn't too concerned at the moment either and said it was good that she passed the other two last night. Anyway, best wishes again :)

Thankls Dave. Another big healthy egg today, and Pearl still absolutely fine! I must have had a psychic moment, because I sprayed her viv this morning, which is lucky because this egg was laid outside the laybox. Its plump and healthy looking so I've popped it in the incubator.

diamondlil said:
Thankls Dave. Another big healthy egg today, and Pearl still absolutely fine! I must have had a psychic moment, because I sprayed her viv this morning, which is lucky because this egg was laid outside the laybox. Its plump and healthy looking so I've popped it in the incubator.

There we go she'll be back on track in no time. Perhaps next time she breeds she'll be good and lay them all at once :crazy02:

Has anyone else had this length of laying time? The first egg (the slug) and the first good egg were laid sunday night/monday morning. Pearl is laying @ an egg a day. She is now going into blue. She is drinking. She refused an f/k fuzzy and a live pink last night. This morning she has an egg at her vent and I could feel good contractions when I let her crawl through my hands.

Attachments

• 21a.JPG
    21a.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 101
  • 14a.JPG
    14a.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 101
  • 27a.JPG
    27a.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 101
Read your pm before this again, I think it's getting close to intervention time now but not just yet, give her some more time on her own but failing that i'm sure some of our egg-binding experts here can assist with instructions. Best wishes,
Dave

Hey Dave. I've been reading back through old posts to see if anyone else's corn has done this. Pearl is as healthy as can be :shrugs:

diamondlil said:
Hey Dave. I've been reading back through old posts to see if anyone else's corn has done this. Pearl is as healthy as can be :shrugs:

Yeah which is why there's no need to worry just yet, give her a little more peace and quiet and see how she does, it's moved down that far it will hopefully finish the journey. If not then you can look at a few of the methods like swimming her etc. Anyone else got some input for the wee girl? Let's get her comfy again nice and quick.

Actually I've just given her a swim for a couple of minutes in the bath. she was calm and laid-back as she always is. maybe the 's'-shaped curves she was making will help things along.

diamondlil said:
Actually I've just given her a swim for a couple of minutes in the bath. she was calm and laid-back as she always is. maybe the 's'-shaped curves she was making will help things along.

Yeah that's the idea, it kind of helps to work it loose and hopefully out.

hi, just read all of this thread, pearl looks stunning, good luck with the rest of the eggs and i hope everything goes well.

good luck! :)

lee

Thanks, and now some more progress :)
I bought a big bag of moss to turn Pearl's whole tub into a laybox, to see if it would help. While she was in a feeding tub, she started contracting and pushed an egg right up to her vent. I closed my hand around her and gently helped the egg out as she contracted. (I can't emphasise enough how nervous I was and how gentle the manipulation was)
So now I have 6 good eggs and Pearl is burrowing through the damp moss

Attachments

• 29a.JPG
    29a.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 104
  • 30a.JPG
    30a.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 104
  • 31a.JPG
    31a.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 103
  • 32a.JPG
    32a.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 35a.JPG
    35a.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 103
Such a good snake mom!! Congrats on finally getting all those eggs!!

I just read through the whole thread. It's so cool to see the whole process from breeding to laying writen up here. Wow, the helping laying was really impressive for her and you, i'd be too nervous to do that.

Now more waiting, yay!! lol

Thanks Turner, but there are still 6 or 7 eggs in there. I got to help deliver a human baby during the midwifery part of nursing training, and this was a lot easier! I could feel the contractions rippling along Pearl's muscles. I've put her back in the rack in her moss-filled tub and hope she'll do the rest herself now

Yes, well they are comming. I'd bet eggs would be a whole lot easier than a child. So many fewer apendages, right. lol Again, hope everything goes well for her and the eggs.

awwwwwwww. i am so glad that everything went okay with the laying. pearl can now have a nice long rest. good luck with the eggs and i hope you get 6 lovely hatchlings.

enjoy your beautiful corns

lee

p.s pearl is a real stunner!! :)

Back