• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How to Make a Simple Reptile Incubator

thats similar to mine only my heat mats on the bottom and i have doweling? pushed throw to allow air flow and so the boxes of eggs dont sit on it

That's what I moved to last year, and it worked great last year. I still had some mold/fungus, but I don't think it was nearly as bad as when I used the wetter method previous years.

I think the cooler (100 Qt.??) was on sale for $69.99 last year (reg. $99?). Simple strip of 4" flexwatt (I had a UTH on the bottom last year) keeps the temps within a degree from top to bottom . . . there's a computer fan to circulate the air that you can't see in the pic.

D80

Do you put your thermostat probe in with one of the clutches or inside the cooler itself?

Do you put your thermostat probe in with one of the clutches or inside the cooler itself?
Hey Danny, the thermostat probe is inside the incubator proper, the temperature probes go into the egg boxes, and one outside the egg boxes. One temp probe goes in a bottom box, one goes in a top box, and the probe is in the middle along with a third temp probe. I have about a 1 degree difference between the top and bottom even though there's a fan circulating the air. :shrugs: Heat rises.

D80

Wow by blizzard corn is about to lay eggs and I have this exact set up ready before hand. I was really worried about the excess condensation on top but you gave a very nice bit of advice in leaving the lid tilted slightly. Thank you very much for shring this !!!

I did almost exactly this for my eggs last year and it works perfectly. Never had an issue with humidity or temps and only had to add water to the tank once!

Back