CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Patternless, no belly check havin', whitish pink thingy! (picture heavy)

Old 02-15-2009, 11:16 AM   #91
ForkedTung
Quote:
Originally Posted by wax32 View Post
Well damn! I dunno how I missed this thread 'til now...

I have a serious thing for whitesnakes, I am hoping to produce pearls this year. I'm also planning to get a lucy black rat this year AND I'm trying to get the genes in line to make lucy bps...

This guy is something I need to make for myself, that's for sure. I have the genes in the pool, just gotta get em mixed up. Should be two generations for me if I get lucky.

AWESOME SNAKE JAY!
What's a pearl?

Old 02-17-2009, 11:16 AM   #92
Caryl
"Pearl" is an older term for opal; a lavender amel.

Old 02-17-2009, 01:57 PM   #93
StaceyBaybee
Your snake looks similar to this guy:

Cept powders eyes are a lighter shade of pink, I am totally clueless on snake genetics, what morph is the snake in the picture? I was amazed by powders colouration and searched the interent for more!

Old 02-17-2009, 02:11 PM   #94
PJ@PJCReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaceyBaybee View Post
Cept powders eyes are a lighter shade of pink, I am totally clueless on snake genetics, what morph is the snake in the picture? I was amazed by powders colouration and searched the interent for more!
Depending on where you found that picture, it could be one of a few different "all white" hatchlings. "Powder" is a quad, he is showing four genetic traits at the same time. He is an amel + anery + hypo + charcoal all at the same time. As far as we know, he appears to be the only one. There are Blizzards, White Outs, Striped Avalanches, I am sure I am missing one, but they all are kind of patternless to a point like Powder is. To date, Powder, is still all pink with that light lacey whiteness. You can still see through him too. I will have to have Jay take a few new pictures of him for everyone to see again. He is getting real long now too.

As for finding any others, I dont know what to tell you. We are hoping to produce another again this year but there is a waiting list.

PJ

Old 02-17-2009, 02:28 PM   #95
StaceyBaybee
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ@PJCReptiles View Post
Depending on where you found that picture, it could be one of a few different "all white" hatchlings. "Powder" is a quad, he is showing four genetic traits at the same time. He is an amel + anery + hypo + charcoal all at the same time. As far as we know, he appears to be the only one. There are Blizzards, White Outs, Striped Avalanches, I am sure I am missing one, but they all are kind of patternless to a point like Powder is. To date, Powder, is still all pink with that light lacey whiteness. You can still see through him too. I will have to have Jay take a few new pictures of him for everyone to see again. He is getting real long now too.

As for finding any others, I dont know what to tell you. We are hoping to produce another again this year but there is a waiting list.

PJ
So there is 100% no chance that this snake you have created is a blizzard, whiteout, striped avalanche etc how about if there was a bloodred somwhere in the genetic makeup? I am talking like an ancestor? Could that not explain that the gene may have cropped up again, (although that would be very rare) and this snake could be whiteout, blizzard?

Or is that not possible? Again I am CLUELESS with snake genetics I'm just very intrested in this little guy, and how he came to be what he is. Tell me that is a ridiculous idea if you like I am merely guessing.

Just that I have read a few storys about two caucasian parents giving birth to a black baby, afro hair and all. Upon DNA testing the white couples were in fact both the childs parents here is an article on a similar story

http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardia.../features11.g2

I wondered if such a think could occur in corn snakes haha? I have no clue.

Old 02-17-2009, 04:55 PM   #96
Jay@PJCReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaceyBaybee View Post
So there is 100% no chance that this snake you have created is a blizzard, whiteout, striped avalanche etc how about if there was a bloodred somwhere in the genetic makeup? I am talking like an ancestor? Could that not explain that the gene may have cropped up again, (although that would be very rare) and this snake could be whiteout, blizzard?

Or is that not possible? Again I am CLUELESS with snake genetics I'm just very intrested in this little guy, and how he came to be what he is. Tell me that is a ridiculous idea if you like I am merely guessing.

Just that I have read a few storys about two caucasian parents giving birth to a black baby, afro hair and all. Upon DNA testing the white couples were in fact both the childs parents here is an article on a similar story

http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardia.../features11.g2

I wondered if such a think could occur in corn snakes haha? I have no clue.
Hi Stacey,
If you want to go back and start at the beginning of the thread it is all explained as to how "Powder" came to be. He was the product of breeding a

Ghost het Amel, Charcoal (Blizzard) x Ghost het Amel, Charcoal (Blizzard)

The picture you posted, I think, is a very light Blizzard or possibly a Whiteout (Bloodred Blizzard).
Jay

Old 04-27-2009, 09:43 PM   #97
Jay@PJCReptiles
Update

Hi Everyone,
Thought I would share some updated pictures of "Powder" The camera has a real hard time picking up his exact coloration. If a snake that could be called a "Pearl" I think he would be it. He has a great opalessence about him. He is getting pinker with subtle shades of purple mixed in. His pattern looks like it is fading.......... again but he is keeping the "lace" look. I am still to find one belly check on him as of yet. You would really think that there was Bloodred, Motley or Stripe in this line but alas there is not. Anyway, here are a few updated pictures of "Powder"
Jay

"Powder" - 1.0 Powder (Amel + Anery + Charcoal + Hypo)

Old 04-28-2009, 05:24 AM   #98
Nanci
Wow, he's gotten so purple! I like that!!! Will you be trying for a Miss Powder this season?

Old 04-28-2009, 06:26 AM   #99
Jay@PJCReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Wow, he's gotten so purple! I like that!!! Will you be trying for a Miss Powder this season?
Hi Nanci,
Thanks for the reply. I should have three clutches this year that could yield a Powder or two or three. Got my fingers crossed.
Jay

Old 04-28-2009, 07:28 AM   #100
Lexcorn
Yup,

Still the stunner.......

Looks like there's a little lemon creeping in on the neck area too

Good luck with the production of more 'Powder' this Season.

Lex

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google