CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Patternless, no belly check havin', whitish pink thingy! (picture heavy)

Old 01-06-2009, 07:04 PM   #81
*salAMANDA88*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay@PJCReptiles View Post
Yes Amanda. Your Coral Snow is from the same clutch. So your snake is also 66% p/het Charcoal. Might have a good chance to produce your own in a couple of years.
Jay
Great I thought he was..I was not sure of Powders # tho. haha
well I dunno about that..maybe with some help..(*hint*hint)
but I am excited to see your "powder" grow up, and ....My 2 boys from that clutch..uh, the coral snow and the Ghost....as well.. I can't wait till they hit that 3 year mark.
They are just so big right now....I am excited!
Thanks again...

Old 01-07-2009, 08:21 AM   #82
sober_serpents
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay@PJCReptiles View Post
Hi Kin,
No, you have not crossed the boundaries. Asking a question like this about "Powder" is perfectly fine. I would give you some comparison pictures if I had a Blizzard to compare it to. What makes it difficult is the fact you need to see it in person to see the real differences. Kind of hard to do that when your there and i'm here. The first thing I can think of as a difference is that just up until rescently he was pretty much translucient in color. He was basically colorless when he hatched. Also there is a strange wash that gives the appearence of a soft layer of powder all over him. Again, you would really have to see him in person. The next thing I am noticing is the odd pale blue coloration he is getting in his eyes. I have never seen a Blizzard with anything other then a pink/red eye. Why I don't have a Blizzard in our collection is beyond me. If everything goes right this year I should have Blizzards and possibly even a couple of Whiteouts. If "Murphy" is good to me this year and everything turns out fine I will definitely be able to get comparison pictures then. It will be cool to see first hand the differences between the morphs.
Jay
thanks for your reply... i remember the fresh out of egg photos as a see-thru kind of pinkish snake. Kind of reminded me of a whiteout in a way, but different somehow. it really would be cool seeing it in person, but not many "high end" corn breeders in the VA area. i hope to change that one day just not anytime soon. hehe... thanks again for your reply... and the way you describe the critter sounds interesting. Maybe the guys and gals on Kingsnake.com should get an update? i know a lot of people there dont come on here for some reason?? i dont want them feeling left out on this pretty lil critter
~kin

Old 01-07-2009, 06:18 PM   #83
Jay@PJCReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by sober_serpents
Maybe the guys and gals on Kingsnake.com should get an update?
I have never posted this guy on Kingsnake.com. So, unless there is someone else out there with this same morph, which I don't think there is but I could very well be mistaken, then they must have posted it. I was wondering if you could post me the link so I can see. I would really like to know if there is someone else out there with this same morph. Thanks in advance.
Jay

Old 01-08-2009, 04:19 AM   #84
rolandslf
Pale Blue Eyes

Hi there, I have been gone for a while.
Interesting, the mention of pale blue eyes, I immediately thought of my Leucistic Texas Rat Snakes. They have pale blue eyes and a patternless white body.
I know that Leucism has nothing to do with Powder, but I just found it to be interesting.

Ciao

Old 02-11-2009, 07:37 AM   #85
ForkedTung
any update pics Jay? What are the eyes looking like now?

Old 02-11-2009, 12:32 PM   #86
Jadie.Glitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandslf View Post
Hi there, I have been gone for a while.
Interesting, the mention of pale blue eyes, I immediately thought of my Leucistic Texas Rat Snakes. They have pale blue eyes and a patternless white body.
I know that Leucism has nothing to do with Powder, but I just found it to be interesting.

Ciao
That is EXACTLY what I was thinking... maybe you discovered cornsnake leucism??? That would be FAN-TAS-TIC. That has been on my wishlist for when they're hopefully produced. I've been thinking that leucism was not possible in cornsnakes... I really hope that's what you've found here!

Old 02-11-2009, 05:18 PM   #87
Jay@PJCReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForkedTung View Post
any update pics Jay? What are the eyes looking like now?
I will get some after he sheds. I think it is very strange/interesting how he is turning out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadie.Glitch View Post
That is EXACTLY what I was thinking... maybe you discovered cornsnake leucism??? That would be FAN-TAS-TIC. That has been on my wishlist for when they're hopefully produced. I've been thinking that leucism was not possible in cornsnakes... I really hope that's what you've found here!
This is not leucisim. Leucism is a mutation that is cause by pair a certain single recessive gene. This snake is a combination of four different genes (quad homo). Amel + Anery + Charcoal + Hypo. Wishful thinking though. If Leucism was prominant in Cornsnakes I would prefer they had a black eye. Could you imagine an all white Corn with jet black eyes?
CRAZY!

Jay

Old 02-11-2009, 09:14 PM   #88
Jadie.Glitch
Wow, that WOULD be fantastic... well either way, I'd love to have one of these some day. I'm following this thread like a HAWK, lol! I'm so happy for you that you produced something so cool! I can only hope to be so lucky one day .

Old 02-12-2009, 06:49 AM   #89
loise
I´m a sucker får white corns. so this guy really hit me were it feels!

looking forward to seeing this guy grow and some day breed!!

Old 02-15-2009, 11:05 AM   #90
wax32
Well damn! I dunno how I missed this thread 'til now...

I have a serious thing for whitesnakes, I am hoping to produce pearls this year. I'm also planning to get a lucy black rat this year AND I'm trying to get the genes in line to make lucy bps...

This guy is something I need to make for myself, that's for sure. I have the genes in the pool, just gotta get em mixed up. Should be two generations for me if I get lucky.

AWESOME SNAKE JAY!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google