CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Cages, racks? Anyone want them?

Old 01-01-2010, 05:53 PM   #1
Rich Z
Cages, racks? Anyone want them?

I've got to get rid of these cages and racks I have around here so I can turn the reptile and mouse buildings into something else to use.

Anyone interested? Local pickup in north Florida is needed, unfortunately. These would be a bear to pack up and ship. As for the racks, just no way to ship them at all, I'm afraid.

I'll make a short list here to indicate what I have to go out.
  • Deli cup racks. - These are racks that will hold wire baskets for 8 ounce deli cups. Each basket holds 32 cups, and each rack holds 20 baskets. About 7 foot tall with only a 2 ft x 2 ft floor space. I've got 5 of them for $300 each. $1,000 for all five. Does NOT include deli cups. 16 ounce cups will also fit in them but each basket will then only hold 16 cups.
  • Shoe box racks. These are my own design, made from wood and designed to have shoeboxes with lids held in them. Most of the shoeboxes have air holes drilled in the lids, but those will go out on a first come first server basis with the racks. I still have plenty of them I used for egg incubation that do not have the holes drilled and can go with the later racks or sold separately. Also have two double sided racks that are great for putting in the center of a room to be worked from both sides. $400 per single rack and $750 for a doubler. Includes shoe boxes. Here's what I have:
    1. 1 - 18 rows x 7 columns = 126 shoeboxes
    2. 2 - 17 rows x 7 columns = 119 shoeboxes
    3. 2 - 18 rows x 6 columns = 108 shoeboxes
    4. 2 - 36 rows x 7 columns = 252 shoeboxes (double sided racks)
  • Flat sweater box racks. - SOLD! Again, my own design. The design promotes airflow between the rows of caging to help with build up of humidity that fully enclosed rack systems can experience. These are the short clear plastic sweater boxes made from rigid plastic so you can see into them. Lids are drilled and many also have screened air vents on the sides to help with airflow. Price is $500 per rack, cages included.
    1. 1 - 18 rows x 3 columns = 54 sweaterboxes (these are actually an older design)
    2. 3 - 17 rows x 3 columns = 51 sweaterboxes
  • Tall sweater box racks. - SOLD! I've only got two racks for these taller sweater boxes as I preferred the more space efficient flat sweaters. These were actually the first racks I built years ago. Lids are all drilled on the sweater boxes and some of the sweater boxes will have screened air vents on the sides for improved air flow. Each rack is $500 including the sweater boxes.
    1. 1 - 11 rows x 4 columns = 44 tall sweater boxes
    2. 1 - 10 rows x 7 columns = 70 tall sweater boxes
  • Rodent cages. I haven't counted them but there is between 350 and 425 of them all total. Includes lid and water bottle. Price is $10 each, and again these all need to be picked up locally. If you want all of them, we can make a deal if you are serious about it. These are the opaque polypropylene cages that measure 18 inches long x 10 inches wide x 6 inches tall. I've still got a case of brand new unused bottoms on the porch if I remember correctly. Lids are either stainless or galvanized, I can't remember. Most of them came from Allentown Caging (or something like that).

I've still got a bunch of sweater boxes and odd sized rodent cages over in the shed that anyone coming over here to pick up some of this stuff can go through. I'm not planning on needing this stuff any longer.

Any questions?

Old 01-01-2010, 06:03 PM   #2
RobbiesCornField
These racks are great, guys!

This is the flat sweaterbox 51 tub model. LOL

Hey Rich... I might have to snag one of those 70 tub models from you come February if you still have 'em.

Old 01-01-2010, 06:13 PM   #3
wstphal
~Want~

Alas I am around 1000 miles away!

I will envy whomever gets these.

Old 01-01-2010, 06:18 PM   #4
danielle
me too I wonder if my parents would pick up for me though they live right outside Miami, but I think thats pretty far

Old 01-01-2010, 06:25 PM   #5
Rich Z
Thanks for the pics, Robbie. I was thinking I might have to drag the camera over to the buildings to get pics of that stuff. Not sure what I'm going to do with the reptile building. Connie is confiscating the rodent building for her plants, I guess make it a repotting room and to overwinter the tender stuff.

First thing I need to do with the reptile building is to paint the walls and seal the concrete floor. The buildings didn't get everything finished up when we showed up with the truck filled with cages, racks, and snakes back in November of 1990, so it was too late then to do anything about it afterwards.

But obviously all this stuff needs to get out of there before we can do anything.

Oh yeah, anyone need a couple of commercial freezer units? I used them to cool the two rooms down for brumation after fretting with air conditioners to do the job for years. I paid something like $4,000 for the one in the large room and $3,000 for the one in the small room. $1,000 for each, but you will have to take it out and plug any holes in the walls left afterwards. I think they are maybe three years old.

How about those coffee filters I use for deli cup liners? Anyone want them by the case full? Heck, I guess I need to see how many are per case and what I have in them. I've probably got 40 or so cases of them over in the shed. I had to buy them by the pallet full when I needed them. Unfortunately, I don't drink coffee, otherwise I'd be set for life with the filters.... Mark took most of the extra deli cups I had remaining here, but I still have the cup liners and the milled water dishes for them.

Old 01-01-2010, 06:28 PM   #6
Kaminoke
I think some of us need to rent a big truck and then have a road trip down to Florida.

Old 01-01-2010, 06:52 PM   #7
RobbiesCornField
Oooh... if you really do have the 70 tub rack next month, I might have to snag those coffee filters, too!

Old 01-01-2010, 08:00 PM   #8
Rich Z
If anyone is planning to produce a good number of babies next year, those deli cup racks I have are a godsend. Each one can hold 640 deli cups and is about as space efficient as you can get. I found that setting up newly hatched babies in deli cups is quite beneficial to getting them feeding more quickly then by keeping them in larger cages where they don't have the wiggling pinky mouse constantly getting their attention. There is just no way I could have handled the large number of babies I had each year any other way.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:17 AM   #9
Blue Apple Herps
Rich, I'd be interested in some deli cup liners and the water dishes. How much for 100 dishes and a bunch of liners?

Old 01-02-2010, 11:03 PM   #10
Stephen29
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbiesCornField View Post
These racks are great, guys!

This is the flat sweaterbox 51 tub model. LOL

Hey Rich... I might have to snag one of those 70 tub models from you come February if you still have 'em.
Robbie, I am VERY JEALOUS of your Rich Z rack system. It looks great.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google