CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snakes Wanted Looking for something special and you don't know who has it for sale? Post what you are looking for here and see if you get any bites.

Long time, quit the biz, but I want some Corns again!

Old 04-07-2010, 07:00 PM   #1
snakepimp
Long time, quit the biz, but I want some Corns again!

Hi there, I used to be a regular here for a couple years, and for several years I bred snakes on a semi-commercial basis. I quit the business of breeding reptiles, and all I have now is a pair of het Kahl-albino Boas. Lately I have been missing corn snakes. They really are my favorite species for pets. I really don't know what I want. Anybody in the Idaho area on this board?
I would like to get 2 pairs, or perhaps 2 trios of corn snakes as pets and fun critters to breed. I would trade for these Boas I have...the male is skinny, he wasn't eating for a while, but he's back on feed now. I'd certainly fatten him up. I don't think I want 2010 hatchlings, but I would consider it. I would prefer 2009 or 2008 circa animals.
Any thoughts, misgivings, or offers out there??

(P.S. heard from a friend Rich Z quit the biz @ Daytona last year, I never thought I'd see the day!)

Old 04-07-2010, 07:42 PM   #2
Nanci
Cool, welcome back! You have a lot of catching up to do! Better make sure you check out all the new morphs before you jump into anything!

Old 04-08-2010, 12:01 AM   #3
snakepimp
Thanks Nanci, I really do need to catch up on the new morphs, my buddy Chris Olson and I chat periodically, and he has kept me from being totally in the dark about the new stuff, but there are some new appellations I am still unclear on. I will do some lurking and learn a bit.
Honestly, at first I think I want a pair of Abbott Okeetees, and I saw some available on here. I just have to get some cash I can hide from my girlfriend, and/or get rid of the boas before I can do it. The other pair/trio I want will be something more complex, I'm partial to a few morphs, lavender, motley/stripe, and caramel are among my faves. Pied-sided bloodreds are a new thing to me...but that's about it. Anyone have Motley Lava Lavenders expected in 2010?

Old 04-08-2010, 05:31 AM   #4
Nanci
Just plain lava lavenders are quite rare, still. I guess I see one-three for sale every year. Now you _might_ find a Peppermint Motley for sale in 2010. A pair would be difficult, though. Possibly Peppermint Stripes, too. Neither of those have been produced yet. You _might_ find Lavblood Stripes. Powder is something new that you can find a couple of for sale every season, and they are quite affordable, for some reason. Powder is a whitesnake. Sunkissed Lavenders are one of the more readily-available "new but rare" morphs thanks to Rich Z's retirement. Sunkissed Bloodreds are still much more rare and costly.

Old 04-08-2010, 10:00 AM   #6
snakepimp
Hey D80, thanks for the links, I already went through both you threads, really nice bloodred stock you have, obviously.
Nanci, I'm looking @ your site now...
I'm a web developer, and I see some really ugly, not to mention primitive dang websites out there in the reptile hobby. (No offense D80 but yours is among them!_)
Looks like Nanci's is a wordpress site (just guessing, haven't looked @ source) and I really like the design. Feminine, and colorful, but not too gaudy. Oooh, and you're a stripe-hound, I love it!

Old 04-08-2010, 02:27 PM   #7
inocntkitn187
I have a few 2008s for sale:

0.1 BIG bloodred
0.1 BIG zig-zag Anery het hypo,amel, stripe
1.0 Coral Snow Stripe het/homo Hypo
1.0 Pastel Ghost Motley het amel, stripe

And a pair of 2009 Hypo Bloodred het lavender. Let me know if you're interested

Old 04-08-2010, 03:01 PM   #8
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakepimp View Post
Hey D80, thanks for the links, I already went through both you threads, really nice bloodred stock you have, obviously.
Nanci, I'm looking @ your site now...
I'm a web developer, and I see some really ugly, not to mention primitive dang websites out there in the reptile hobby. (No offense D80 but yours is among them!_)
Looks like Nanci's is a wordpress site (just guessing, haven't looked @ source) and I really like the design. Feminine, and colorful, but not too gaudy. Oooh, and you're a stripe-hound, I love it!
Thank you, it was designed and built by a cs.com member, Stef Kunder, Triple Moons Design. She has some herp-specific something or other that she developed as the base. I really wanted a WP site because, as you can tell if you go there, I like to take pics and write about stuff and I wanted easy updates without having to FTP it. So I took the plunge and it turns out Stef could practically read my mind in terms of design. She hit the font and logo and the colors the first time- perfect! I have rudimentary website building skills, but I wanted a very nice, professional site which was not a carbon copy of every other site out there. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. And her customer service is superb. She never got tired (that I could tell anyway!!) of me adding one more page, one more thing, Twitter, Fed Ex blurb, PayPal blurb, oh, now I need another blog for Fort Tort, etc.

Old 04-08-2010, 03:28 PM   #9
snakepimp
Yeah, looks like she has taken WordPress and modified it to be herp-specific, which is awesome. Since it is OpenSource, she can do that. Very nice to see someone doing quality work in the herp community.
I think I might wait for the 2010 hatchlings to become available from the cornsnakes.com members, and elsewhere, but mostly here. Oh no! I have the bug again, I can tell, the Corn Snake Addiction has hit me like a train.

Old 04-08-2010, 04:59 PM   #10
Drizzt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakepimp View Post
Really? REALLY? That's how you want to start off your return?!?!

Naw. Seriously, I know it's purely amateur. I did it myself for crying out loud. I just don't have the extra change to spend on someone to do it for me. I'm trying to find some time to sit down and figure out this CSS lingo that people keep throwing around and redo the entire thing. Apparently that's the way to go.

D80

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google