• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Severely dimpled eggs

leftycrane

Hello. A friend of mine had a corn snake that laid a surprise clutch of eggs on Monday. They didn’t want them so they gave them to me today. They’re severely dimpled and I have no idea if they’re still viable. I put them in hatch rite but what do you think? Too far gone? Please no rude comments. I’m trying to do the right thing

Attachments

• 6037FD36-ACD7-4BE2-97E0-A245ACB3ECC5.jpeg
    6037FD36-ACD7-4BE2-97E0-A245ACB3ECC5.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 40
Hey Lefty,

No rude comments here. There are no other actions you can take, other than keeping them on the hatching substrate and at the right temps. You'll know soon enough if they're still viable.

Good Luck!!

-Tonya

The hatchrite may not be damp enough. Try burying the eggs in damp sphagnum moss. I use a 6qt plastic bin to incubate and fill it to the top with damp moss and the eggs are in the middle of the moss.

Back