• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Pre-lay shed a while ago, still no eggs?

zoe1103

Hi, my female shed on June 28th (19 days) ago. Shouldn't she have laid by now? Is it uncommon for them to lay that much later? I haven't been bothering her other than checking her lay box daily or every other day and watering when needed. She laid her 1st clutch May 15th and shes notorious for double clutching. The 1st clutch hatched roughly a week ago. Thoughts? :shrugs:

I don't know. Her lower 3rd feels firm. However I don't want to handle her too much in the case she could get stressed... what should it feel like if she is gravid? I'm new to breeding.

In gravid females, when they slither through your hands, if you apply gentle pressure to the spine and belly (like a gentle pinch with your thumb and index finger), you should feel lumps like a string of pearls. When I've done this before, I let her slither through a thin pillow case so she slides really easily and the eggs are very easily felt.

She's been in her lay box the past 2 hours, lots of moss has been pushed to the front. I didn't really notice she was big until the past couple of days. I have a feeling we may be approaching laying. Is there any signs of active labor in corns?

Back