CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Calling All Lurkers

Old 12-26-2018, 02:04 PM   #41
Zincubus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Sorry, but that is just not true, IMHO. FaunaClassifieds.com is still doing quite well, all things considered.

It's not one I regularly frequent to be fair .. I'll give it another chance though ..

My comment was really a generalisation as soooo many forums are sluggish or even disappearing ( CaptiveBred sadly no longer with us )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old 12-26-2018, 02:17 PM   #42
Zincubus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
It's not one I regularly frequent to be fair .. I'll give it another chance though ..

My comment was really a generalisation as soooo many forums are sluggish or even disappearing ( CaptiveBred sadly no longer with us )

Edit ....

I've just logged in and it's basically an online store

It's in the name FaunaCLASSIFIEDS

It's really no use for chatting , sharing info or asking for advice on snakes like the other two I mentioned .

Old 12-26-2018, 02:18 PM   #43
Zincubus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolunger View Post
Post an invitation on the Ball python forum for everyone to visit us here. ( if you won't be banned ) You would be surprised how many corn snake breeders don't even know our forum exists. I didn't even know it until I happened to be talking to Steve Roylance about some of the morphs I bought from Rich Z many years ago.

I will do that gladly !!

Old 12-26-2018, 02:34 PM   #44
Zincubus
Quote:
I will do that gladly !!

Ta da !!

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...akes-com-forum

Old 12-26-2018, 04:10 PM   #45
Rich Z
Quote:
Edit ....

I've just logged in and it's basically an online store

It's in the name FaunaCLASSIFIEDS

It's really no use for chatting , sharing info or asking for advice on snakes like the other two I mentioned .

OK. If you say so.

Old 12-26-2018, 04:28 PM   #46
Zincubus
Quote:
OK. If you say so.

Well I've checked not long ago and about 97 out of the last 100 posts are classifieds sooooooo..

Incidentally, I've put a link for this forum on the Ball-pythons.net site !!

Old 12-26-2018, 04:30 PM   #47
Zincubus
Quote:
OK. If you say so.

If you can post a link to the part of the site where all the forum action is I'd be very appreciative

Old 12-26-2018, 05:50 PM   #48
Rich Z
Quote:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php

How many discussion forums do you see there? And what makes them of "no use for chatting , sharing info or asking for advice on snakes.."?

Right at the moment, I see the following stats on FaunaClassifieds:

Currently Active Users: 679 (216 members and 463 guests)

Number of Members Online In The Past 24 Hours: 1782

Threads: 324,276, Posts: 1,472,753, Members: 138,667
92 posts in the last 24 hours, 4,224 in the last 30 days.
9 new members in the last 24 hours, 634 in the last 30 days.

And again, your statement was:

Quote:
The only reptile forum that is active and thriving is Ball-Pythons.net .
Which I heartily disagree with and claim that your statement is false. Do the stats I showed indicate to you that your above statement is true?

And honestly, this has always been a habitually slow time of year on the forums because of people being busy with the holidays. The number of new members and posts in the past 24 hours is the lowest I can recall ever seeing there, but I expect it this time of year. But even so, I think it illustrates my point that FaunaClassifieds certainly is not "inactive" and "not thriving" at all, contrary to your claim. Do I think if could be doing better? Certainly! But I doubt there is another website out there anywhere that doesn't believe they could be doing better than they are these days too.

But if you want to see an inactive and non-thriving website, well take a look at this one right here. Now THAT is certainly the way I would describe THIS site without question.

Sorry, I don't intend to get into a pissing duel with you over this, I am merely disagreeing with your assessment and that your statement is not based on reality. Unless your definition of "active and thriving" is severely different from what mine is, of course.

Look, I really don't care that you really like ball-pythons.net. Good for you and good for them! But I don't see that is sufficient reason for you to try to belittle every other site out there with what appear to be false claims.

IMHO.

Old 12-26-2018, 05:56 PM   #49
67temp
Quote:
If you can post a link to the part of the site where all the forum action is I'd be very appreciative

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php

The sections that get the most traffic are the classifieds and the board of inquiry (boi), but there are a bunch of discussion forums there. There is even a section for international boi for those overseas to investigate/review sellers and breeders

Old 12-26-2018, 10:06 PM   #50
Zincubus
I have no idea why you've got so defensive ... I was responding to the other guys claim that THIS forum was dragging and I was kinda defending you by suggesting that most forums are struggling these days - as that's my take on them and it's something most forums are concerned about .

I'm also not belittling anyone ... I had a look around and the general snake seemed to be out of date ..

As to the stats you've just quoted as I've said nearly all the posts are buying / selling related as you'd expect from a forum called FaunaClassifieds .... You may as well quote PreLoved while you're at it ..

Whilst getting unfairly stroppy with me you sadly missed the fact that I started a new thread on Ball-Pythons.net tonight- actually praising and promoting YOUR site .

Some thanks I get .

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google