CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

I moved and got a new neighbor
Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 12:51 PM   #121
vetusvates
In a word...

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemaster24 View Post
yea thats a cottonmouth. It will hurt ya a copper has less danger rating LD50
Quote:
but a cottonmouth can kill you a copperhead couldnt. I know these things
Quote:
There are NO RECORDED FATALITYS DUE TO COPPERHEADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! The venom is to weak. Sock wouldnt be the venom but the trauma of the bite and an allergic reaction would only place if you were allergic to the serum the give you at the hospital
In a word...Nonsense.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:00 PM   #122
tyflier
Mike-
My responses were to a PM I forwarding to all three of you this morning, where an assumed friend of snakemaster24's said to me, and I'm quoting, "You are an idiot." It was well beyond inflammatory posting, and into the realm of distinct name-calling.

Dean-
I understand your point, and yes, my statement about a "snot-nosed kid" could be argued either way. My major problem with Susan's response to my PM is not that she feels I may have crossed a line somewhere, but that she all but gave this kid permission to call me an idiot in her response to him. To clarify:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan
I would highly recommend that you simply ignore this kid who is obviously a friend of snakemaster24 (both are 14, both live in Virginia, ThomasH joined as soon as the problems started in that thread, he has never made a single post, I checked IP addresses and they are different, but it could still be David at a friend's house). Remarks said to you are along the same lines as your own posts so IMO, you've reaped what you've sown and I wash my hands of the whole mess. No major rule infractions have been made, IMO, so until they are made, I don't need to get further involved.
Susan

Copies of this have been sent to ThomasH and the other mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflier
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasH
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflier View Post
Youre arrogance is your biggest downfall. Never once have I said you were wrong, aside from your "fact" about Lyresnakes having never caused a death.
If there's such a case than prove it through links. David DID cite his resources and was right, you are just an idiot. You don't even know what an LD50 is. AHAHAHAHAHA!
TBH
I am forwarding this to the three of you. I responded and sent a copy of this PM along withy my response to Dean, and also have forwarded a copy of my response here:
Quote:
Nice. LD50 is "Lethal Dose 50" which is the mean average dose of enzymatic venom used to describe lethality. LD50 is considered a lethal dose...fatal....the copperhead rating your buddy cited.

You want information on envenomation and venom properties of colubrids? Here:

http://www.wemjournal.org/wmsonline/...e=02&page=0082

Be aware I am forwarding your PM to the moderators...
Thanks guys. I know your job is hard enough, but this time, I'm gonna take the high road and just send it to you, instead of going back and forth with this kid...
I'm sorry, but in no way do I agree that any post I made in this topic is even remotely "along the same lines" as being called an idiot. And on top of that I come to the topic, and read threats of banning. That's simply uncalled for. Especially when you consider that the last few posts I made were an effort to reconcile with David, and an effort to help him understand where his attitude caused the problems, not his information.

Lines WERE crossed when I was directly called an idiot. And I pointed it out. And the response I got seemed to confirm what ThomasH said as true...from a moderator. Susan may as well have given him permission and congratulated him for calling me an idiot. And calling me an idiot is a DIRECT violation of the rules of the forum...not semantics and diplomacy.

Sorry...that's not anywhere near what has transpired in this thread. It's not similar, it's not along the same lines, and it cannot be construed any other way. Saying "You're an idiot" is not even close to the statement I made as a generality. There is a difference between "walking a line" and "crossing the line". Sure...many of us "walk the line" in a good number of these debates. But blatantly crossing the line deserves reprimanding, not congratulations, and especially not congratulations from a moderator...

Old 10-28-2008, 01:09 PM   #123
Nanci
Just a definition:

Adj. 1. snot-nosed - (used colloquially) overly conceited or arrogant

Old 10-28-2008, 02:05 PM   #124
wade
I think we could safely let this whole thread die right here.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:11 PM   #125
Drizzt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
Found it . . .
Quote:
How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
1 to move it to the Lighting section
2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.
2 to say that they have allready saw this post and its "old stupid *****".

D80

Old 10-28-2008, 02:21 PM   #126
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have said the magic words that cause the thread to continue at least another two pages!!

Old 10-28-2008, 07:45 PM   #127
Carinata
im not snot nosed and Im not Thomas H

Old 10-28-2008, 07:54 PM   #128
Nanci
Just let it go, ok? You've made a fresh start, and we appreciate that.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:54 PM   #129
Roy Munson
I'm locking this thread. If the original poster would like me to un-lock it, please PM me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread