CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

unusual themes/ideas?

Old 05-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #41
arparaspolo
Here are two pictures of my viv. I have cut a black shower curtain for my background which is around the back outside of the viv. I also have black aspen bedding. You may see a bit of purple(I had calci sand in the beginning but switched to aspen) I left the sand so I can regulate the UTH temps better. As they grow larger I am going to have to get a wider tank for them. This one I had for my Veiled chameleon Vessili RIP. They are both roughly 6 months old.

Left Side with water dish

Right Side with mountain hide

Old 05-09-2012, 07:44 PM   #42
arparaspolo
Dang, pictures are opposite of their descriptions :/

Old 05-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #43
Sai_Keths
I hope those two arent being cohabbed.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:52 PM   #44
proileri
Here's mine for the youngling.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:06 AM   #45
arparaspolo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sai_Keths View Post
I hope those two arent being cohabbed.
They are being cohab'd. They are two females, same age & size.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #46
Kels88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naagas View Post
I want to do an electronic futuristic themed one... maybe put some old hard drives and circuit boards in there...

I'm still brainstorming, but I think it would be neat.
You've probably already considered this, but there are some very sharp places on circuit boards and I would also be concerned about the effect of the humidity on the metal. I'm not sure if the metals are harmful, especially if they are oxidizing or corroding and chemicals leech off.

Maybe there would be a way to seal them against humidity.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:35 PM   #47
Sai_Keths
Put a piece of plexi in front of any circut boards for a background, then use a gutted computer or something with silicone caulk on any sharp areas for a hide. Or get EL wire and LEDs and glue a car with wings up the side of the tank for futuristic.

Old 05-12-2012, 05:08 AM   #48
proileri
You could probably seal the circuit boards and parts with a thick layer of marine epoxy. It would smoothen the sharp edges and make the bits 100% waterproof.

Old 07-24-2012, 04:21 AM   #49
Hexadeci
Constellations would be an interesting theme. Serpens, the snake constellations, are particularly awesome. Apparently it's the only constellation that is distinctly 2 parts (head and tail), separated by Ophiuchus (the handler), complete with the star Unukalhai (serpens' heart).

In the process of trying to find images of the serpens constellation, I came across this flower, which I really wish existed in the silk variety: Agapetes Serpens . (If anyone finds such, please do let me know). Small red trumpet shaped flowers would work really well along the top/back of a viv or underside of decorative bridges. Alas.
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...QEwAg&dur=2496

Old 07-26-2012, 06:15 PM   #50
gsdbecca
These are awesome ideas. We've only had our little girl for 3 weeks, so her viv is pretty bland. Since my son is crazy about dinosaurs, I'm thinking of doing a prehistoric theme....still brain storming ideas though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google