CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

RI Treatment (How-to)

Old 04-18-2012, 07:06 PM   #11
MysticExotics
I have a nebulizer & F10. I have not had to use it yet, & I hope I don't have to, but I know people that successfully kill an RI when caught early, using this, decreasing humidity & bumping up the temps a couple degrees.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:15 PM   #12
Dakafall
I'm working on getting a fogger, but I figured I'd use this method until I have my fogger and F10 in hand. Like I said, one snake is all cleared up already after only 1 treatment. And for the record, I did lower the humidity and increase the temps (not that the temps matter since the JCP just likes to lounge on log and watch all the activity and the hog is to busy exploring and prefers on top of her hide as opposed to actually in it lol

Old 04-18-2012, 07:17 PM   #13
Lennycorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwheather View Post
I have a nebulizer & F10. I have not had to use it yet, & I hope I don't have to, but I know people that successfully kill an RI when caught early, using this, decreasing humidity & bumping up the temps a couple degrees.
Really!! What type of snakes.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:26 PM   #14
Dakafall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carinata View Post
F10 and Vicks are much different. I'm would be willing to bet your snakes are not all cleared up. I would really suggest taking it to a vet...
I'm aware that they are 2 different products. I am also aware of they symptoms were last night before treatment and how they are now. I'm using my judgement and experiences that other people have had to treat my animals how I feel will work. I'm not forcing you or anyone else to do this, I'm simply putting it out there for information to anyone willing to try based off the fact that there are success stories behind it and that I'm seeing a difference in how my snakes are already.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:30 PM   #15
Lennycorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakafall View Post
I'm aware that they are 2 different products. I am also aware of they symptoms were last night before treatment and how they are now. I'm using my judgement and experiences that other people have had to treat my animals how I feel will work. I'm not forcing you or anyone else to do this, I'm simply putting it out there for information to anyone willing to try based off the fact that there are success stories behind it and that I'm seeing a difference in how my snakes are already.
I'm interested in the success stories. Is there anyway to link or point us to more information.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:33 PM   #16
Carinata
Quote:
I don't want to see someone new to the game just try this. That's the issue. I personally wouldn't feel comfortable using a human medication, for reptiles, especially one that's never been used for reptiles before. F10 and a fogger work very well. But again, F10 and Vicks are very different.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:43 PM   #17
Carinata
By calling it "RI Treatment (How-to)" it sure sounds like you're telling people to do it.....

Old 04-18-2012, 07:45 PM   #18
Dakafall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennycorn View Post
I'm interested in the success stories. Is there anyway to link or point us to more information.
I just googled "snake RI vicks" and found applicable links
Would copy/paste if I was on something other than my phone

Old 04-18-2012, 07:48 PM   #19
Lennycorn
Quote:
I just googled "snake RI vicks" and found applicable links
Would copy/paste if I was on something other than my phone
ahh... Google. Everyone here uses it!! I just forgot! Thanks.

And you keep records on this 'treatment'?

Old 04-18-2012, 07:49 PM   #20
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennycorn View Post
Really!! What type of snakes.
I learned about it from a python forum, but I have heard pf people using it successfully in a variety of snakes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google