CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

RI Treatment (How-to)

Old 04-19-2012, 09:59 AM   #51
Carinata
Thank you, Nanci and Janine! Crypto is fatal so it's worth a shot to try something new, RIs are treatable and right now that snake could be on the road to recovery instead of having some reckless bootleg interwebz treatment.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:11 AM   #52
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carinata View Post
reckless bootleg interwebz treatment.
Possibly, less inflammatory adjectives such as questionable, unproven, uncertain, unconfirmed, uncorroborated, unsupported etc. might be better-received.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:23 AM   #53
Carinata
I could go a little easier I guess....

Old 04-19-2012, 12:16 PM   #54
Outcast
I am going to wait to see what Lenny finds in his searches, before I condemn the OP for trying something new. Things are too busy for me to look up all the possibilities myself.

Also, I doubt that dusting roaches with calcium/D3 and Nutribac is really all that new. In fact, I am pretty sure that one of the local Pet Stores around here does it. In my opinion it seems like a pretty good practice, keep those lizards healthy.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:32 PM   #55
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
I am going to wait to see what Lenny finds in his searches, before I condemn the OP for trying something new. Things are too busy for me to look up all the possibilities myself.

Also, I doubt that dusting roaches with calcium/D3 and Nutribac is really all that new. In fact, I am pretty sure that one of the local Pet Stores around here does it. In my opinion it seems like a pretty good practice, keep those lizards healthy.
But Aaron, He's been doing this for 10 years..a whole decade...like since he was.....8 years old!!
18 years ago I got a blue tongue skink for my birthday and it was widely reccomended back then that I dust his food with calcium powder so I don't think dusting roaches can be all that new either...

Old 04-19-2012, 12:39 PM   #56
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
But Aaron, He's been doing this for 10 years..a whole decade...like since he was.....8 years old!!
Please stop being antagonistic.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:40 PM   #57
starsevol
OK Nanci, but he has said it himself that he was doing this since he was 8.
I am pretty sure he did anyway.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #58
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
OK Nanci, but he has said it himself that he was doing this since he was 8.
I am pretty sure he did anyway.
And your point is??

Old 04-19-2012, 12:45 PM   #59
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
And your point is??
None really I guess. I am too easily irked, sorry for the disruption.

I would like to know the results of this though.

Edited to add.....
To David, I am sorry about my earlier statement. I know you are passionate and I know you want to do this as a career. So, here is a little advice take it or leave it. Instead of saying something like "I've been doing this for 10 years", which sounds a little arrogant and someone who knows your true age would question it ....you can say something like..I have loved reptiles as long as I can remember. I got my first snake when I was 8 and knew back then I was hooked for life. I don't know everything, but learn more every day, and I would love to know how this treatment turns out. However, these points concern me, and this is why....and then go on from there.
I know you know alot for your age, more than some of us old farts I am sure. But like it or not, you ARE really young. I know that getting taken seriously is hard when you are that young, but coming off as someone fresh and eager to learn new things everyday while not knowing everything there is to know would probably help your cause better than your current approach.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #60
Carinata
18 years ago they suggested dusting roaches with a pro-biotic? Hmmm never heard that one.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google