CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

non feeder (help)

Old 04-28-2012, 09:29 PM   #51
firfly
Well went and purchased one anole today, rubbed down the pinky mouse much to the anoles displeasure, and placed in the enclosure on his favorite hide to keep him from having a chance at ingesting the substraight. This might work he actually is right by the food like he is interested, but hasnt taken it yet. Last time he just slithered right over the pinky showing no interest what so ever. I will keep ya posted.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:34 PM   #52
schnebbles
did he eat it?

Old 04-30-2012, 01:45 AM   #53
firfly
No he sit there and watched it for about 2 minutes then lost interest. I will try live on Wen. Whsn was the last feeding for the female.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:11 AM   #54
schnebbles
You need to (IMO) not leave mouse in his cage. Put him in the deli cup so he can't get away from it. That's what everyone says to do, otherwise it's too easy to just go away. you could try the slap method first, then if it doesn't work, keep him in close proximity in the deli cup, overnight. That's when my non-feeder ate, was during the night. And once the female you have ate overnight. She was due to eat last night. So she ate last tuesday. You could even try an anole scented one tonight in the deli, and if he doesn't eat that way, try live wednesday.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:21 PM   #55
diamondlil
I wouldn't try the non-feeder more than once every 5 days, personally. No handling, no disturbance, then a live pink in a deli in the viv overnight, covered up and no checking at all until morning.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:44 PM   #56
firfly
I will try the female tomorrow, she wouldnt eat the other night, however she shed about an hour ago and that could be why.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:47 PM   #57
schnebbles
You should put her in the deli cup too. I always did and she didn't always eat right away but she would eat overnight. I put the deli cups in the vivs as well. Make sure the lids are on or they sneak out!

Old 05-02-2012, 03:01 PM   #58
firfly
Well I guess all the live pinks died during transport so I decided to try the anole scent agian. This time both babies where placed in small deli cups, and covered up. The female didnt hesitate at all taking the pink befor I could cover her, so I let the lump get to the middle of her body and released her into her viv. I will check on the male in the morning and let everyone know.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:23 PM   #59
schnebbles
I hope he eats!!! maybe the scent of live (well dead but never frozen) will help? I don't know. Hopefully this works, but next, I think I'd try anole scented in the deli.

I'll check tomorrow!

Old 05-02-2012, 09:44 PM   #60
firfly
They where both scented with the anole, I have never had this much trouble finding live pinks of the things.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google