CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

BABY corn snake hasn't eaten one meal yet and is 3 months old - GREEN poo

Old 04-30-2013, 03:59 PM   #91
kc261
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil View Post
5g on her last weigh-in.
I finely chop a pinky while it's still frozen with a small serrated edged knife, so I'm actually shaving off slivers rather than chopping, really.
With my former bad girl Lil, I did actually mince and then whizz in a blender hoppers and small adult mice for exactly that reason, but then she was well over the age that pinkies are usually fed. I then froze individual lumps of 'moussicle' to thaw for her feedings.
As Rosie is still so young, I'm using pinks with a nice fat 'milk tummy' at the moment.
Thanks for the info!

Old 05-02-2013, 09:59 AM   #92
disgurlchar
Janine - She looks so big and long!! Bless my baby, cant wait to see her I miss not having a third tub to look into

Quick question, we started feeding whole 2g pinkys like you advised and the first time was great, both snakes pooped the next day and lump was gone. However 5 days later on the 2nd "whole pinky" feed they both took the pinky but Apricot hasn't pooed yet and that was last Friday we fed her, and it still seems like she has a small lump. Is there anything I can do to hurry up the digestion period and its unlike her to go this long without pooing it out. Especially when Rocky has done about 4 poos since.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:06 AM   #93
diamondlil
I'd hold off feeding her and bump her heat up a little if it still looks like a feeding lump, but if it's just poop down near her tail I can't say I usually hold off on feeding. Getting her out for handling should shift it, especially if you let her crawl over something you don't want poo on! Obviously don't handle her if you think it's a feeding lump. Can you get a photo of her?
One thing you can also do to speed up digestion in the future is to slit the pink's skin a little before you feed it to her.
(The reason Rosie can digest bigber meals for her size is because I'm keeping her on the warmer en of the scale and of course her pink is all mushed up so digests quicker)

Old 05-02-2013, 10:11 AM   #94
disgurlchar
Thanks - I will try and get a pic of her tonight. The trouble is that she is so hard to handle because all she wants to do is shoot out my hand and slither underneath something so I usually just let her slither through one of my hands to the other one and so forth. She seems to constantly be on her warm side so I reckon shes having trouble digesting it.

Another question - Dont spose you know about retained sperm in corn snakes?

Old 05-02-2013, 10:18 AM   #95
diamondlil
I've only had slugs from an unbred female and one season I got a second clutch from retained sperm, never a repeat laying from a previously bred female the next year. You'll have to ask about it in the breeding section for others with more experience. This year I'm praying my bloodred Polly hasn't retained sperm because I want her to have this year off.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #96
disgurlchar
Our female corn is so much more active and is behaving differently (all signs we had last time) and being breeding season im hoping that she isn't gravid or even thinking about it! Its too soon to go through this again, for her especially but for us also. Thanks for all your help Janine, please let us know when we can come visit x

Old 05-07-2013, 05:07 AM   #97
diamondlil
Guess who weighs a whopping 6 grams! Rosie has doubled her weight.
No photos this morning as I've just finished my night shift., just a quick weigh-in, tub clean and feed.

Old 05-07-2013, 05:17 AM   #98
disgurlchar
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil View Post
Guess who weighs a whopping 6 grams! Rosie has doubled her weight.
No photos this morning as I've just finished my night shift., just a quick weigh-in, tub clean and feed.
This is really great news - thanks Janine x

Old 05-07-2013, 05:21 AM   #99
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by disgurlchar View Post
This is really great news - thanks Janine x
No worries Charlotte. She's doing great!

Old 05-07-2013, 06:38 AM   #100
juliegarner
Way to go Rosie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google