CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

BABY corn snake hasn't eaten one meal yet and is 3 months old - GREEN poo

Old 03-31-2013, 11:22 AM   #41
disgurlchar
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil View Post
Rosie is curled up, digesting her meal. A great relief, even though I was so cautious to make it small enough I still wasn't sure she wouldn't regurge, but so far so good!
Aww, I miss her. Looks wierd with only 2 tubs now such a relief that she took her first meal. I think things are looking up for my little sausage x

Old 03-31-2013, 02:04 PM   #42
kaypar2011
Good luck Rosie. You are a lucky snake to have such great support.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:29 AM   #43
diamondlil
Rosie was out exploring her little tub this morning, so time to chop and squish another pinky for her. Just under 1/2 a ml later and because she's a snow I could see the tiny food bolus pasing down inside her.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:05 AM   #44
disgurlchar
Quote:
Rosie was out exploring her little tub this morning, so time to chop and squish another pinky for her. Just under 1/2 a ml later and because she's a snow I could see the tiny food bolus pasing down inside her.
Awwww isn't my baby just super cute!! MISS her loads, feels weird not getting her out for cuddles. The other two we have are so moody and one of them is like a cobra and is starting to get teeth so I tend to let my boyfriend put his manly hands in and get nibbled! Thanks for keeping us posted, I cant imagine how shes feeling now shes got some food in her tummy! I hope you had a nice easter and thank you so much for what you are doing x

Old 04-02-2013, 09:55 AM   #45
gsdbecca
Go Rosie, go!

Old 04-02-2013, 01:13 PM   #46
HermesMom
Awe, what a cutie, especially in the pic where she needs a napkin Great to hear she's keeping her meals down and that she's active and curious.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #47
diamondlil
I got in from work this morning to find Rosie swimming in her water bowl and drinkng. No signs of a regurge so I'd say she's digesting her tiny syringe feeds just fine so far. Next feed will be on Saturday.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #48
disgurlchar
Quote:
I got in from work this morning to find Rosie swimming in her water bowl and drinkng. No signs of a regurge so I'd say she's digesting her tiny syringe feeds just fine so far. Next feed will be on Saturday.
Thanks Janine, hope she isn't getting in your way of anything. Cant wait to give her big kisses - that's if she doesn't hate me as I failed at being a mum to her lol. Never seen her drink before or go anywhere near her water bowl so really happy about that

Old 04-04-2013, 11:29 AM   #49
diamondlil
Charlotte, she's no trouble at all! Syringing a tiny feed every few days literally takes half a minute.
(I've hand raised gerbil and zebra finch babies from when I used to breed them and also rehabbbed baby bluetits, pigeon squabs, starlings and blackbirds. Compared to hourly feedings of those, this is easy!)
I'm more hopeful for her chances, but still cautious. I'll be waiting until she's at least 10g before trying to see if I can get her to eat on her own. I can't see that being any sooner than 8 weeks or so away.
If you haven't seen this thread from when I first joined the forum, click on the link below

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...highlight=saga

My epic battle to get my snow Lil feeding independently took 4 months, and then I had to wean her off of washed live pinkies to eating F/T! Skooge, my rehab snake took 2 months to get from 3g and being syringe fed to eating live pinks. I'd got the technique a lot more practised by then but she had a much stronger feeding response and never looked back from her first independent meal.
So I'm thinking Rosie will be back with you in June at the earliest, but I'll be updating you all the time. Still waiting for her first poo.........

Old 04-04-2013, 11:40 AM   #50
disgurlchar
Quote:
Charlotte, she's no trouble at all! Syringing a tiny feed every few days literally takes half a minute.
(I've hand raised gerbil and zebra finch babies from when I used to breed them and also rehabbbed baby bluetits, pigeon squabs, starlings and blackbirds. Compared to hourly feedings of those, this is easy!)
I'm more hopeful for her chances, but still cautious. I'll be waiting until she's at least 10g before trying to see if I can get her to eat on her own. I can't see that being any sooner than 8 weeks or so away.
If you haven't seen this thread from when I first joined the forum, click on the link below

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...highlight=saga

My epic battle to get my snow Lil feeding independently took 4 months, and then I had to wean her off of washed live pinkies to eating F/T! Skooge, my rehab snake took 2 months to get from 3g and being syringe fed to eating live pinks. I'd got the technique a lot more practised by then but she had a much stronger feeding response and never looked back from her first independent meal.
So I'm thinking Rosie will be back with you in June at the earliest, but I'll be updating you all the time. Still waiting for her first poo.........
Gosh that's so far away!! But I know its for the best. Maybe sometime we could come visit her if you wouldn't mind? Be good to get to know you a bit more and see your little rascals Im hoping she will eventually have the taste for a mousey after feeding a few times, but I can see that being the hardest part (feeding on her own). Hopefully she will do a big poo soon and it wont look so green x

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google