CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

BABY corn snake hasn't eaten one meal yet and is 3 months old - GREEN poo

Old 04-04-2013, 12:05 PM   #51
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by disgurlchar View Post
Gosh that's so far away!! But I know its for the best. Maybe sometime we could come visit her if you wouldn't mind? Be good to get to know you a bit more and see your little rascals Im hoping she will eventually have the taste for a mousey after feeding a few times, but I can see that being the hardest part (feeding on her own). Hopefully she will do a big poo soon and it wont look so green x
Of course you can visit!
I'm hoping to bypass the live pinky stage with Rosie by going straight to boiled F/T when she's big enough. It worked so well with last year's hatchlings that I didn't have to breed mice at all and I wish I'd known how well it works a few years ago. Live feeding is legal here, but even if you are just focussed on getting the snake to feed it's (for me) distressing.
That's in no way a criticism of people who routinely feed live pinks. It's standard practice for hatchlings in a lot of other countries and I'm convinced a lot of baby corns who fade away and die in the UK would eat without fuss if we could buy live pinkies

Old 04-04-2013, 12:13 PM   #52
disgurlchar
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil View Post
Of course you can visit!
I'm hoping to bypass the live pinky stage with Rosie by going straight to boiled F/T when she's big enough. It worked so well with last year's hatchlings that I didn't have to breed mice at all and I wish I'd known how well it works a few years ago. Live feeding is legal here, but even if you are just focussed on getting the snake to feed it's (for me) distressing.
That's in no way a criticism of people who routinely feed live pinks. It's standard practice for hatchlings in a lot of other countries and I'm convinced a lot of baby corns who fade away and die in the UK would eat without fuss if we could buy live pinkies
I actually heard on this website that it was illegal but you apparently are allowed to feed live if its the only other solution - although im sure that isn't true because everybody would say "it was the only way". I at first thought it was a bit strange, personally I would feel a lot more comfortable feeding a live pinky/fluff to an older corn that knows how to attack prey but I guess everybody is different again - no criticism to those who do feed live Does F/T stand for frozen/thawed? dont laugh at me if it doesnt mean that haha! Rose has already been introduced to boiled pinky's so hopefully when she smells one again she will know its food this time, and not bring back back memories! You say your from Medway - is that Chatham area?

Old 04-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #53
diamondlil
Yep, F/T is shorthnd for frozen/thawed. And yes, I'm afraid your little Rosie is very near to the home of chav! I shall do my best to prevent her getting huge gold earrings or Burberry handbags while she's here though

Old 04-04-2013, 12:42 PM   #54
disgurlchar
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil View Post
Yep, F/T is shorthnd for frozen/thawed. And yes, I'm afraid your little Rosie is very near to the home of chav! I shall do my best to prevent her getting huge gold earrings or Burberry handbags while she's here though
Hahaha!! And if you could keep her from burning down cars and shoplifting that would be great lol I'm sure there's some nice places round there though its a bit like down here, luckily we live in a nice area but there's some rough ends down the road. I'll probably pop up with the fella in a few weeks if that's okay x

Old 04-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #55
juliegarner
Way to go Rosie. Hope it all goes well for her now xxxxxx

Old 04-06-2013, 06:06 AM   #56
diamondlil
We have poo! Third feeding. 1ml this time and some bad-taste flowers to celebrate!

Old 04-06-2013, 08:03 AM   #57
Geminiluna
Yay Rosie! You go, champ!

Old 04-06-2013, 12:52 PM   #58
DragonsDenSerpents
Yay for poo! Keep it up, Rosie!

Old 04-06-2013, 03:38 PM   #59
juliegarner
Atta girl. Way to go Rosie x

Old 04-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #60
HermesMom
Wahoo Rosie!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google