CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Maybe overdid it...

Old 07-28-2015, 01:23 AM   #31
backafter30
Thanks, Lars. I wouldn't say I was an expert at anything. Maybe just imaginative? I get an image in mind and try to figure out how to create it. My next two enclosures will be a desert theme and a cave with quartz crystals hanging from the ceiling which will light up. Already got them figured out.

I do hope to be at the upcoming show. (as a customer) I missed the one in June because I didn't even know about it.

Old 09-05-2015, 02:34 AM   #32
Hikari
They both look amazing, though I'm biased towards the Avatar themed one (loved that movie). The glow in the dark plants are a great touch.

Old 09-05-2015, 09:46 PM   #33
mataco12
Amazing vivs, inspired to try out those foam rocks in a large viv i've got.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:41 PM   #34
backafter30
Hey, I was right about a few things. One, these cages are difficult to keep clean, but that is partly because of the species I've put in them. Baron's Racers are just so active that I can hardly open the door without them flying out over my shoulder. Then I spend 20 minutes chasing them around the room. Sometimes I just keep an eye on them while I clean and change water bowls, then catch them when I'm done. The Baron's are really growing like weeds and need enclosures that give them room and take into account their spastic nature. Maybe small access hatches near the water bowls? They're just so curious and not afraid of anything at all, they won't hide while I work.

So, anyone got any ideas for a blue arboreal snake that won't get too big and smash my aquarium plants, and won't hide all the time? Maybe blue lizards?

Old 10-17-2015, 10:44 PM   #35
cobbsmom911
I need one of those.

Old 10-18-2015, 12:35 PM   #36
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by backafter30 View Post
So, anyone got any ideas for a blue arboreal snake that won't get too big and smash my aquarium plants, and won't hide all the time? Maybe blue lizards?
I wish I could confirm if axanthic green tree snakes actually exist, either rough or smooth. I'd pick one up in a heartbeat. Maybe if bright green would suffice, you might look into that? They are pretty small and arboreal, usually eat crickets and such. They don't really like a lot of handling usually and are prone to musking, so they're great display animals.

Old 10-18-2015, 04:25 PM   #37
backafter30
Yes, I'd thought of those. I've got a few want-ads out asking for them. I've read that there used to be a breeder of them that sold at some local shows (in Georgia, I think), but didn't advertise online. I've even heard of albinos, but haven't seen pics. Can you imagine a lutino (all lemon yellow)? Green snakes also have the odd habit of turning blue when they die, so people find them on the road and think they're genetically blue. Not the case. I'd like to breed some blue ones, though. I think there'd be a market for an inexpensive blue snake. Not sure why the green ones aren't more popular, except for the lack of cuddlyness that you mentioned. Thanks!

Old 10-18-2015, 05:35 PM   #38
Dragonling
I saw a photo once of a living blue rough green snake (never confirmed if it was photoshopped), but if I remember right it was claimed to have been a wild caught that was released immediately after.

(e) Found it! Apparently it was a smooth, though someone claimed the Virginia Living Museum has a blue rough. http://www.fieldherpforum.com/forum/...hp?f=2&t=12299 Not totally axanthic I think, but as someone suggested possibly hypoxanthic. Doesn't say if he released it, and I'd have to register to msg him to ask.

Old 10-23-2015, 06:58 AM   #39
r0cketqueen_
These are incredible!! Really impressed. I'm really interested in starting a project like this myself for my red amel. Just out of interest, did it cost a bomb to do it?

Old 10-23-2015, 01:44 PM   #40
honey.bee
Super awesome set ups! Sounds like it's a really fun way to express some creativity someday I'm gonna end up with a beardie (hopes) and yours are giving me new inspiration!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google