CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Supersize corn

Old 08-01-2005, 12:52 AM   #21
Susan
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCFinfan
How about everybody go to Florida on a vacation, and grab us one of these plentiful corns...we will see how much longer they are there.
Easier said than done. I live in Florida and corns are plentiful, but just try to find one! I got lucky and found a wayward hatchling 10 years ago that would probably not had survived considering when and where she was found. She produced over 135 babies for me. Now go ahead and sue me for endangering the species!

Old 08-01-2005, 12:56 AM   #22
Serpwidgets
Quote:
How about everybody go to Florida on a vacation, and grab us one of these plentiful corns...we will see how much longer they are there.
And if any of your post had any basis in reality, that would mean something.

Old 08-01-2005, 01:12 AM   #23
OCFinfan
I think there is a HUGE difference between catching a "wayward" hatchling that probably wouldnt have survived compared to a gravid female. And I am glad it has produced for you. Maybe having bred and sold over 100 will save that many in the wild. But I did look at your website, and it seems you like the "wild caught" corns as well; you mention 1 wayward hatchling, but I see quite a few more of your breeders that are wild caught. Maybe you would have been happier with a gravid female rather than a hatchling, but just dont want to admit it. Hypocrisy rules in here.

Old 08-01-2005, 01:17 AM   #24
Susan
Excuse me? Where are you finding all these wild-caught snakes on my site? I only have the one. Two of my other breeders were bred and born in captivity from a pair of wild-caughts owned by someone else. Every other snake on my website is captive bred and born. I believe an apology is in order here!

Old 08-01-2005, 01:20 AM   #25
OCFinfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpwidgets
And if any of your post had any basis in reality, that would mean something.
Serp, I gave you reality in my examples. If you have anything insightful to say other than a chance to bash, feel free. If not, then I just consider the source.

Old 08-01-2005, 01:21 AM   #26
Joejr14
Geez Susan, you DECIMATED the wild population of over 130 cornsnakes! How selfish of you!!!!

Old 08-01-2005, 01:21 AM   #27
jazzgeek
Quote:
Maybe you would have been happier with a gravid female rather than a hatchling, but just dont want to admit it. Hypocrisy rules in here.
And perhaps you'd have been happier if she said what you WISHED she would "admit". But you'd rather imply instead of dealing with what she DID say.

Thus, it begs the question. Just whose hypocrisy are you referring to?

Quote:
Ignorance must be bliss
Then you must be happier than a crackhead in the Columbian hills.

regards,
jazz

Old 08-01-2005, 01:23 AM   #28
OCFinfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan
Excuse me? Where are you finding all these wild-caught snakes on my site? I only have the one. Two of my other breeders were bred and born in captivity from a pair of wild-caughts owned by someone else. Every other snake on my website is captive bred and born. I believe an apology is in order here!
look at your first couple of breeders and look at the parents......all wild caught. There are at least 3 right off the top. I dont feel I need to apologize when my proof is there. If I am wrong, I will be the 1st to apologize

Old 08-01-2005, 01:29 AM   #29
Susan
Hey...it says "PARENTS are wild-caught" NOT the snakes I own! "Norma" is the only wild-caught...the hatchling I found 10 years ago. "Blotchy Half Stripe" was bred and born in captivity. There are NO OTHER from even wild-caught parents on the first page...seems like you can't even count. The only other one I own from wild-caught PARENTS, but BRED AND BORN in CAPTIVITY is "Broken Stripe 8"...in Gallery #3.

Now I'm waiting...

Old 08-01-2005, 01:33 AM   #30
OCFinfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzgeek
And perhaps you'd have been happier if she said what you WISHED she would "admit". But you'd rather imply instead of dealing with what she DID say.

Thus, it begs the question. Just whose hypocrisy are you referring to?

Then you must be happier than a crackhead in the Columbian hills.

regards,
jazz
I would be happier if wild snakes remained that way...wild. And do you always jump in and compare someone to a crackhead when you havent presented your beliefs on the subject? Put out your beliefs for our judjment before you judge, unlike children

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google