CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Metal in a mouse...My Poor Festivus

Old 10-12-2008, 01:31 PM   #31
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
I hope I didn't sound like a drama queen yesterday.
Are you joking? At least you were coherant enough to tell us about it!

I am so happy to hear he is doing well.

I got this call once, and it was my daughter, and she was out of her mind hysterical, crying so hard it sounded like she was going to die, or someone already had. I got fragments of what she was trying to tell me, which was "they think they are going to have to amputate his leg!!!!!" and more hysterical sobbing. I was scared out of my mind- did she mean my grandson? Her husband? What sort of horrible accident had they been involved in??? Luckily, it was her bird, Precious Roy, but to her, I think he was the dearest of the three! It was a relief for me to hear it was not human. And I wouldn't have called her a drama queen...

I think I'd avoid the pink, too. If it's true what Sean Niland (VMS) says, they can associate feeding with stressful events in their lives, and go off feeding, then it sure wouldn't hurt to let his life calm down first. He's not a bitty hatchling with no spare reserves. Although it's comforting to us moms to get a good meal in our babies' stomachs.

All right- I'll be anxiously awaiting the next update! Give him a little kiss for me!

Old 10-12-2008, 02:03 PM   #32
starsevol
I managed to get a few shots of him, in his cage. They aren't very good. Since the swelling has gone down and he looks so much better than yesterday, it doesn't look like much. But you should be able to see 1 of the 3 incisions, anyway.

Old 10-12-2008, 02:08 PM   #33
Nanci
Poor baby! It looks swollen to me; I can't imagine how bad it was previously! He looks good, Beth. Not much left of his grey head! What a beauty. I feel a lot better, having seen him.

Old 10-12-2008, 02:26 PM   #34
alan
What a crazy thing to have happen! Good thing he belonged to someone who could deal with his situation and care for him afterward.
It's nice to know, and see evidence, that a snake can be repaired. I was present at the cleaning and stitching of a an abcess on the "chin" of a large python. I was very impressed with the vet's ability to work on a thrashing snake.

Old 10-12-2008, 03:57 PM   #35
Rich in KY
I am so glad he is doing well.

Thanks for the pic updates!

Old 10-12-2008, 04:23 PM   #36
ghosthousecorns
Ack! I saw theis thread yesterday and it just sounded so awful I did not know how to respond.
How the heck did the mouse have wire in it? I am having horrible thoughts that maybe it was kept in conditions where the wire became embedded in it like an embedded collar on a neglected pet. How awful, I'm kinda feeling sorry for that mouse if that's what happened almost as much as for the snake.
I'm glad from looking at the pictures that, though it looks swollen, Festivus has pulled through the operation and I am praying he will be OK.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:30 PM   #37
Pasodama
Really good to hear that Festivus is doing better today.
Do keep us posted.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:39 PM   #38
ziggybond_007
I'm so glad he's doing better!

Old 10-12-2008, 06:46 PM   #39
jenneses
I hope Festivus gets well soon. What a horrible thing to experience.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:01 PM   #40
Jenstar
Festivus is a really pretty boy, I am glad he is doing better...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google