CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

I am scared out of my wits right now....

Old 05-08-2009, 03:01 PM   #91
danielle
Have they considered steroids to decrease the inflammation along with the antibiotic? I am glad shes home btw and not blocked, but I do hope that lump goe down soon and stays that way.

Old 05-08-2009, 03:44 PM   #92
starsevol
No, she's not on steroids...but med time is MUCH easier, thanks to Nanci. I will offer her a small meal tomorrow night. I am still keeping her in another room though...just to be safe.

Old 05-10-2009, 11:31 AM   #93
starsevol
Update...
The lump hasn't gone down, and she looks pretty awful. So last night I thawed a hopper for her, and fed her after everyone else. I medicated her and put the hopper at the front of her hide where she could find it, and went to bed. I just KNEW she wouldn't eat. I just KNEW I would have to flush the hopper this morning......

When I opened her tub this morning the hopper was gone......
SHE ATE!!!!!!!

Old 05-10-2009, 11:53 AM   #94
strawberry_bunny
YAY!! I'm so happy she ate, must mean shes feeling good.

Old 05-10-2009, 02:25 PM   #95
Blue Apple Herps
That's great news Beth!! At least she's hungry and whatever it is isn't affecting her appetite.

Old 05-10-2009, 05:05 PM   #96
Jadie.Glitch
Not sure how it is in snakes, but our dogs would sometimes develop these "fatty deposits" we called them. Just a solid lump of fat that would show up in random places on their bodies, not bug them at all, and then go away on their own. Maybe it's something like this? Maybe she was born with a defect that doesn't allow her body to properly process fat and it finally got to her? Probably a long stretch but I hope this is the case. If so then it will go away after a bit and not bother her at all.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:04 PM   #97
DragonSpawn
WoW

My deepest prayers are with ya I hope your Baby does well......

On a lighter note, with a twist of Humor We should rename this link.....

HOLY SH_T

Old 05-10-2009, 10:02 PM   #98
snakeyone
I had a similar situation with my favorite 8yo corn around Christmas. We had just moved and it seemed that he suddenly had a huge bowel obstruction. I thought maybe it was stress, temp changes, etc with the new house. We have an exotic specialty vet who took x-rays and confirmed it to be an obstruction. The snake had been eating so it seemed strange. None of the treatments worked so after a week or two, and more careful X-ray examination, we both thought that it was probably kidney related and had the snake euthanized. He was weakening and would have not survived any sort of surgery. During a necropsy it was determined that the snake had a huge tumor that was very vascular.

While I don't wish my poor luck on your circumstance, maybe my story can guide you and your vet in a diagnostic direction. Is exploratory surgery an option?

Old 05-13-2009, 07:44 PM   #99
Blue Apple Herps
Beth, any update on this girl? I know its only been a couple of days since your last one..

Old 05-13-2009, 07:52 PM   #100
starsevol
Not really. The golf ball is still there. She's on antibiotics twice a day, and still in another room just to be safe. She did eat though, on Saturday.

Thank you for asking Matthew!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google