CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

I am scared out of my wits right now....

Old 05-06-2009, 11:37 AM   #51
wade
Hey, call this lady back and tell her there are a lot of people worried about this damn snake and we can’t wait until two o’clock. Ask her to digitize the films and put them on the internet so that your radiologist (Nanci) can take a look at them.

No more mister nice guy. We want answers!!

Old 05-06-2009, 12:32 PM   #52
Tula_Montage
Beth I am so sorry this is happening to you. Neither you nor your snakes deserve this awful spell of bad luck. I'm thinking of you and your babies xxxx

Old 05-06-2009, 12:59 PM   #53
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
Hey, call this lady back and tell her there are a lot of people worried about this damn snake and we can’t wait until two o’clock. Ask her to digitize the films and put them on the internet so that your radiologist (Nanci) can take a look at them.

No more mister nice guy. We want answers!!
Wade, you ROCK!

Thank you, EVERYONE!
At least she's not a dog or a cat that is suffering emotional trauma being away from me. They have her set up well, and she's warm. Plus if she IS contagious, she's not in my house....

Old 05-06-2009, 01:03 PM   #54
medusacoils
I have watched this thread from the beginning. I have also seen some of the other threads you have made recently and my heart goes out to you. I am really sorry you are going through this. I really hope things improve for you and just know that you are in my families thoughts.

Good Luck,

Wayne

Old 05-06-2009, 01:10 PM   #55
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by medusacoils View Post
I have watched this thread from the beginning. I have also seen some of the other threads you have made recently and my heart goes out to you. I am really sorry you are going through this. I really hope things improve for you and just know that you are in my families thoughts.

Good Luck,

Wayne
Thank you Wayne
That which doesn't kill us will only make us stronger......

Old 05-06-2009, 02:43 PM   #56
kingwoz60
I'm looking forward to hearing some good news soon!

Old 05-06-2009, 02:47 PM   #57
starsevol
Finally talked to the vet.....

X-rays revealed that the lump is not a foreign body, or part of the intestinal tract. It may be the liver. A needle biopsy was done, and all that came out of the lump was fluid that looks like blood.

Both a pathology on the liquid and the other test she wanted to run (can't remember what it is) are unaffordable to me.

Feces were tested, as well as what came out of the lump, both tested negative for crypto.

The next step is amoxicillian and something to keep her appetite up.
Then maybe another fecal.

I get to pick her up tomorrow morning.....

Old 05-06-2009, 02:52 PM   #58
Nanci
Hmmm. You'd think she could tell if it was her liver or not, like with an ultrasound. Well, at least you're not paying for bowel obstruction surgery...

Old 05-06-2009, 03:15 PM   #59
starsevol
Ultrasound!! That was the other test I can't afford!

But she comes home tomorrow! YAY!!

Old 05-06-2009, 03:25 PM   #60
Nanci
Like the vet couldn't just look at it- it costs nothing. Costs the vet nothing. No resources, nothing. That makes me mad.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google