CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

My 4 month old corn wont kill before he eats?

Old 01-22-2010, 01:16 PM   #51
Shiari
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSneer View Post
MMk.. well if you did in fact read all the posts, you would have seen at least 2 times that I indicated that I WAS NOT going to feed live.
I'm not trying to sound rude here... but if *you* had read all the posts too, you would have seen that those comments were regarding darksmoke... not you.

Old 01-22-2010, 02:07 PM   #52
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSmoke View Post
yeah i know what it means but you can't just put everyone who live feeding live in that psycho catagory.
Anyone who feeds live because they WANT to, when the snake will happily eat f/t, IS in that psycho category.

If the snake will eat f/t, what other reason can somebody POSSIBLY have for WANTING to feed live...unless they get a sick thrill from it and is a cruel person? Feeding live when a snake WILL eat thawed automatically makes them a crappy keeper anyway.

Old 01-22-2010, 02:08 PM   #53
starsevol
Quote:
MMk.. well if you did in fact read all the posts, you would have seen at least 2 times that I indicated that I WAS NOT going to feed live. I am simply going to kill the mice before feeding them, then I will order some frozen mice. So again, quit freaking out about a problem that has already been solved and just because you get off on watching snakes eat mice live, doesnt mean other people do. You can take those accusations somewhere else.
And as for YOU, I was not referring to you. I was referring to darksmoke...NOW who isn't reading all the posts?

I DO NOT get off on watching snakes eat live, and people who do sicken me. I have kept snakes since 1995, and none of them have ever even SEEN a live mouse, so don't even go there. People who choose to feed live give decent keepers a bad name.

Old 01-22-2010, 06:21 PM   #54
DarkSmoke
as i have stated in the past , normal people enjoy seeing animals hunt. many documentaries are made showing how predetors hunt down their LIVE preys and eat them and people enjoy seeing them. its normal. it doesn't many it gives you sexual pleasure or whatever the hack are you inventing. but anyway , its probably came to same as usual thing, trying to look as good harmles snake owners so you look good in the media afraid of the snakes ban or whatever that most forums have come to.

btw who said cornsnakes constric as needed.. i just fed half a pinkie to my regurging corn snake and it instantly attacked and constricted. what need was there to constrict half a dead pinky ? who knows. i hope the usual "the snake is not so inteligent" doenst come up again. any way , im out of this post since its going to the way i said earlier.

the bad snake owner is out, Peace. lol

Old 01-22-2010, 06:29 PM   #55
starsevol
Quote:
MMk.. well if you did in fact read all the posts, you would have seen at least 2 times that I indicated that I WAS NOT going to feed live. I am simply going to kill the mice before feeding them, then I will order some frozen mice. So again, quit freaking out about a problem that has already been solved and just because you get off on watching snakes eat mice live, doesnt mean other people do. You can take those accusations somewhere else.
Quote:
as i have stated in the past , normal people enjoy seeing animals hunt. many documentaries are made showing how predetors hunt down their LIVE preys and eat them and people enjoy seeing them. its normal. it doesn't many it gives you sexual pleasure or whatever the hack are you inventing. but anyway , its probably came to same as usual thing, trying to look as good harmles snake owners so you look good in the media afraid of the snakes ban or whatever that most forums have come to.

btw who said cornsnakes constric as needed.. i just fed half a pinkie to my regurging corn snake and it instantly attacked and constricted. what need was there to constrict half a dead pinky ? who knows. i hope the usual "the snake is not so inteligent" doenst come up again. any way , im out of this post since its going to the way i said earlier.

Your animal is not IN nature.
When an animal hunts, the prey stands a chance to get away.
So, there is no "hunting" going on.
Your animal is in your HOUSE. In a tank. Temps regulated. NOT NATURAL, now is it?
In nature MOST snakes die before they are a year old.
You want nature, turn on Animal Planet.

You are responsible for your PET snake.
Your PET snake could get parasites or injury from what you are doing.
If you put your own pleasure before the welfare of your snake, you are a POS keeper.
If you like watching animals die in your house every week, IMO you are a POS person.
And you give reptile keepers a bad name.

Old 01-22-2010, 06:32 PM   #56
wade
Quote:

Well I was the person who said that snakes constrict as needed, except I spelled it correctly. And yes I believe that snakes will usually only exert as much energy as they are required to. Much like a teenager who doesn’t see the point in using the shift key.

I don’t think “normal people” enjoy seeing animals hurt. That is a pretty lame unsupported statement. There certainly are a lot of documentaries about animals showing their lives and how they live. And yes, killing is a part of their lives but that is hardly the focus of the programs.

You know, I was going to respond to the rest of what you said but your line of thinking is so disjointed and obtuse it is much too difficult to follow. Maybe you should post first and toke up second next time.

Peace dude

Old 01-22-2010, 06:34 PM   #57
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
Well I was the person who said that snakes constrict as needed, except I spelled it correctly. And yes I believe that snakes will usually only exert as much energy as they are required to. Much like a teenager who doesn’t see the point in using the shift key.

I don’t think “normal people” enjoy seeing animals hurt. That is a pretty lame unsupported statement. There certainly are a lot of documentaries about animals showing their lives and how they live. And yes, killing is a part of their lives but that is hardly the focus of the programs.

You know, I was going to respond to the rest of what you said but your line of thinking is so disjointed and obtuse it is much too difficult to follow. Maybe you should post first and toke up second next time.

Peace dude
I gotta spread it around...but....LOVE YA, WADE!!

Old 01-22-2010, 06:54 PM   #58
wstphal
Wow! What a discussion. I admit I've watched the documentaries where they film lions hunting in the Serengeti & thought it was really impressive & wonderful to watch. But it never occurred to me that being impressed by the skill the lionnesses have was a perv thing.

I think watching my corns strangle their f/t is pretty cool too, same as the lions. I have no intention of feeding live unless that is the only way to save the snake in question, but I admit enjoying their strength when they hit & constrict. It doesn't need to be a live mouse to be very cool to watch. It's just that f/t is safer for the snake & easier for me because I can always have meals ready when my snakes need them.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:02 PM   #59
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstphal View Post
Wow! What a discussion. I admit I've watched the documentaries where they film lions hunting in the Serengeti & thought it was really impressive & wonderful to watch. But it never occurred to me that being impressed by the skill the lionnesses have was a perv thing.

I think watching my corns strangle their f/t is pretty cool too, same as the lions. I have no intention of feeding live unless that is the only way to save the snake in question, but I admit enjoying their strength when they hit & constrict. It doesn't need to be a live mouse to be very cool to watch. It's just that f/t is safer for the snake & easier for me because I can always have meals ready when my snakes need them.
Silly Betsy! Being impressed by a lionesses hunting skills is not a prev thing. But some people DO get off on "putting on a show" once a week, sometimes filming it and putting it on utube, sometimes doing it with friends over. They don't really care about what is best for the snake, they just think watching it kill something is "cool".

Personally I LOVE it when my snakes strike and constrict their f/t. It's VERY cool to watch and nothing suffers.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:01 PM   #60
Teddy Roosevelt
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
Silly Betsy! Being impressed by a lionesses hunting skills is not a prev thing. But some people DO get off on "putting on a show" once a week, sometimes filming it and putting it on utube, sometimes doing it with friends over. They don't really care about what is best for the snake, they just think watching it kill something is "cool".

Personally I LOVE it when my snakes strike and constrict their f/t. It's VERY cool to watch and nothing suffers.
My snake-curious friend loves to come over and watch me feed Boo. He eats frozen and never constricts, but it's still very exciting to watch him engulf something that looks so much bigger than his head with no issue. As for watching a nature show... I don't think anyone who says "Wow, that was amazing!" after watching a wild animal catch and kill it's prey is psychotic, but there are DEFINITELY people who say, "Wow, it killed with such efficiency, that little [prey] didn't have a chance!" and think for some time on how the prey animal must've suffered and may have still been alive or whatever other sick things they imagine in pleasure. How many youtube videos has anyone here seen like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEHFgeIRcww&
Take careful note of the joyous guffawing and poor husbandry (no water, crickets in the tank for some inexplicable reason). This is what you are defending when you say you LOVE feeding live. This is what you come off as, not just to the sane and sensible herp community, but to non herp keepers as well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google