• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

!!!WEW!!! My first eggs ever!

Menhir said:
I didn't know that writing 2k posts makes a breeding expert but I'll try to learn that.

I just asked you the simple question wether they female did choose the aspen by itself or not. I was interested if that female prefered a more dry bedding over a moist one - but I see that there wasn't a choice.

I don't think I'm an expert at all, I have no idea why you think I do, at least not reading through this thread and thinking about how it could be interpreted..... I'll explain my post, cause I think we are just miscommunicating;

One way or another, your way of asking made me feel a little snippy, cause it didn't seem like an interested question, but more like I did it all wrong and you only felt like asking that one question cause having to get into all my mistakes would take too long... that's why I made the joke about passing the test.... But hey, I'm a woman and read what is not said.... even when there is nothing unsaid apparently :rolleyes: (the not congratulating did add to my 'suspiciousness')

By the way, she could have layed in the dry bedding outside the box, so there was a choice :rolleyes:

Thanks! They should look like the darker specimen on this pic! (Darker ones are =clutch from these parents at former owner)

Attachments

• hatch.jpg
    hatch.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 70
good luck with your eggs, i was so excited when my snake laid her eggs aswell. hehe, nows the funner part, waiting another 2 months for them to hatch.
i have a question though. i bred my female whos a normal with my anery A. but looking at the pic of your female i cand keep wondering wheater my girl is a okeetee or not, becuase she is almost a total replica of yours,
she is abit lighter becuase of the flash, but i really cant see much difference
DSCF1940.jpg

DSCF1535.jpg

(they dont share anymore)
Maria.jpg

mariainshoebox.jpg

DSCF1520.jpg

DSCF1548.jpg

any views, is she a defo normal or possibly a okeetee

Funny, the couple looks a lot like mine! I think your lady has some more white speckling, which makes her quite thick borders less solid. So it is very difficult indeed to 'decide' if she's an okeetee phase or not. And if doubting, I always go for the safe side; 'just' a normal. I doubted mine opted for it, cause the orange is lacking, but I got convinced she is by people on this forum. Further as you can see, her baby's do show orange, that was another reason to call her okeetee phase.

Congrats from me 2 .
Now you are definitely in the cornspiral where there's no way back !!!
Once you get corneggs and hatchlings there is no medication or treatment that can help to get of this addiction ( but it doesn't hurt and it's legal ) :crazy02:

Tnx, I was waiting for the Dutch (speaking) cornaholics to see it :rolleyes: Can't wait till they hatch indeed! :crazy02:

Blutengel said:
Tnx, I was waiting for the Dutch (speaking) cornaholics to see it :rolleyes: Can't wait till they hatch indeed! :crazy02:
Keep us informed and post some hatching pics :crazy02:

First clutches have to be the most enjoyable in the "Look what Santa left me!!!" way it leaves you feeling...Congrats and enjoy them....wait til they pip ;)...

cka said:
First clutches have to be the most enjoyable in the "Look what Santa left me!!!" way it leaves you feeling...Congrats and enjoy them....wait til they pip ;)...

If I'd caught them pipping before going to work, I think I'd stay home and call in sick!!!! :crazy02:

i doubt id go to school when mine start to hatch, but there due 24th of june... during my exams, so it sucks, but maybe they will take longer. add another 2 weeks and i will be happy

Congratulations!

I have a particular type of lay box set up that I really like, but you would be surprised at how simple you can be and still have perfect success. I was at Bill Gillingham’s house many years ago and he was showing me the very first Mandarin Rat Snake eggs ever laid in captivity. They were under a small piece of flat board where he had poured a little water on the pine shavings to dampen it.

I was kidding him about his fancy lay box set up and he looked at me like I was crazy. He ask me how I did it, and I explained, and he thought I was nuts to go to all that trouble, when a piece of wood or a plastic margarine tub lid laid over dam pine shavings works perfectly fine. His simple method was ever bit as successful as mine. They laid their eggs there each and every time. The only thing that he did a little different with the pine shavings is that he used about double the depth that I used.

:crazy02: congratulations, can't wait to see the babies when they hatch, the previous clutch looked fantastic

Well, the previous clutch of this couple was only the darker hatchlings on the pic, the lighter ones where fathered by my anery but with another mommy. But it does show the anery is het hypo... :) But you are right, they look very good!

Congrates on the eggs can't wait to see the little babies I just love corn snake babies they're so cute!
The mom and dad looks great I bet their babies will look just as beautiful.

Aw crap

Yesterday I suffered a minor panic attack cause the temp in the incubator had dropped to 25 degrees C (78 F) when I came home after work..... it looked like the thermostat was off, but it was still 78 degrees (measured with infrared thermometer). So I disconnected it from electricity, reconnected it and the 'on' indicator got on. So I put it back in the water in the incubator, and after a minute it bursted and smoked! So now I have a alternative setting with a heatmat and a tub with water, but this afternoon I'll have to buy me a new thermostat/heating device. Will cost me as much as this second hand incubator including the broken one costed me.... :awcrap: But the alternative set up keeps the eggs on 82 F today, so they'll be fine I think :)

diamondlil said:
fingers crossed, hope the eggs are ok. That must have been a shock

I suppose they dropping in temp went quite gradually, since THE manual says healthy eggs can stand 'extremes' quite good if not exposed to it very long (and 78 F is not really extreme I think), I'm not too worried.... should I? Other opinions?

Back