CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Other Animals and Related Items Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Other Animals and Related Items Wanted Any other types of animals, plus caging, feeders, etc, WANTED can be posted within this area.

Fancy Mice

Old 11-25-2012, 11:20 AM   #11
Pugsley
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSLMichael View Post
Wow thanks guys! Lots of help! Buzz, I'm looking for a small colony. The parents will be pets (Babies... some will, some- you know) Figure if im going to be breeding them Might as well get some pretty ones.
Exactly! I've got some white mice, which do seem to have large litters, but the rest I'm breeding into them the pretty ones and selecting out the best of them. Too bad you can't get them from Jen, hers are so tame, it is such a pleasure to work with them.

Old 11-25-2012, 11:14 PM   #12
BSLMichael
yea... i dun understand why ups or fedex cant overnight them.

Old 11-25-2012, 11:24 PM   #13
ghosthousecorns
Even if you could punch a bunch of holes in the box, how would you pad them so they didn't get hurt while shipped? And they can't go without water very long. I think Buzzard & Jamie should be able to help you and would be your best bet, they have some nice mice.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:39 AM   #14
BSLMichael
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthousecorns View Post
Even if you could punch a bunch of holes in the box, how would you pad them so they didn't get hurt while shipped? And they can't go without water very long. I think Buzzard & Jamie should be able to help you and would be your best bet, they have some nice mice.
good point... they arent exactly gentle.

Old 11-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #15
Pasodama
Wish you were closer since I could probably help you out with some very nice looking mice (various colors, marked, satins, foxes, etc.). Also have African Pygmy mice (which are cool, wee, mice). However, it seems you are well on your way to finding some that are close by.
The only way for a private owner/breeder to ship mice is via the airlines (i.e. Delta). They cannot be shipped via USPS, UPS, FedEx. It's not cheap. So, it is possible that shipping may be more than you wish to pay.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:18 AM   #16
BSLMichael
yay! just got a lilac mouse from.. dun dun DUN petco >.<

Old 11-29-2012, 08:10 AM   #17
Dale
Nice find! Funny that I'm a "snake guy", but whenever I go into Petsmart for bedding, I scope out the rodent section for pretty mice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSLMichael View Post
yay! just got a lilac mouse from.. dun dun DUN petco >.<

Old 11-30-2012, 12:19 AM   #18
Pugsley
Good job Michael! What sex? Which ever it is, if you want more, just breed it to any old mouse, then breed the offspring together and breed one of the offspring back to the parent. You should soon start to have more of them. Better if you breed to two different one, then the kids would be 1/2 sibs. A bit more genetic variation in them. Although I don't know that mice suffer from inbreeding depression like some other animals (or plants for that matter) do.

Old 12-02-2012, 06:30 PM   #19
ghosthousecorns
BTW I have found this website helpful for mouse genetics, I don't think it has been updated in a long time so a couple of the links go nowhere, but there is still good info there
LINK

Old 12-02-2012, 08:59 PM   #20
Pugsley
Jen (ghosthousecorns) was just telling me to watch Pet Smart, as around here they only sell males and they aren't cheap, but you can get some interesting colors from them. Breed them to some cheap females and in 2 generations you can have some interesting fancy mice.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google