CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Other Animals and Related Items Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Other Animals and Related Items Wanted Any other types of animals, plus caging, feeders, etc, WANTED can be posted within this area.

GBK Breeder

Old 02-27-2013, 12:12 PM   #11
nicklandovich
I've seen something referred to as a Route 277 GBK. Do these have the same feeding issues? Visually they seem very similar to the GBK.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:47 PM   #12
ArpeggioAngel
In GBK, locale specific breeding lines are very popular. The Route 277 just means that is the location where the parents or grandparents were collected originally. Different locales can have variations on their patterns - different width in bands, more red or more gray etc...
Any GBK hatchling could potentially be a difficult feeder. That is why it is recommended to get one a little older - not a fresh hatchling - and from a reputable breeder who can verify if they are eating mice already.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:44 PM   #13
gelshark
Nick, John of coloradocorns has some christmas mountain locale GBKs. He hasn't bred them yet, I think he might this year for the first time, or maybe next year.
Also, I will PM you contact info for a guy that does GBKs here in the Denver area.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:13 AM   #14
colubridcando18
I believe John Cherry of Cherrryville Farms still breeds them and has some great stock ... I personally have Thayeri, Corns, Black Milks, and Sonoran Gophers from him and all are top quality in my opinion.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #15
dave partington
Troy Hibbitts has a few locality GBK breeding programs.
http://www.thehibbitts.net/troy/field/alterna.htm
https://www.facebook.com/troy.hibbitts

Old 02-28-2013, 06:26 PM   #16
MysticExotics
I recently found this breeder as well: East Bay Vivarium

Old 02-28-2013, 06:32 PM   #17
nicklandovich
Thanks for all the info, with the pickiness of their eating I want to find a good line of healthy feeding snakes

Old 02-28-2013, 07:04 PM   #18
Chip
Buy a yearling or darn well-started baby, would be my advice.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google