CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

View Poll Results: Do Girls outnumber Boys?
I am Female and own Corn Snakes. Girls Rule! 217 48.01%
I am Male and own Corn Snakes. Boys Rule! 235 51.99%
Voters: 452. You may not vote on this poll

Sex of Corn Snake Owners: Do Girls out number Boys.
Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 01:15 PM   #91
zeeboismysnake
Another one for the girls!

Old 07-19-2007, 09:54 PM   #92
Thoth
Hrmpf. As usual, my answer isn't one of the options.

So here's my answer: I'm a boy and a soon-to-be corn snake owner. But women still rule. So nyah!

-jimmie

Old 07-20-2007, 02:08 AM   #93
Ginafish
I enjoy Thoth's response, hehe. Girls totally do rule. 'Cept for the mean ones. Those ones rule with an iron fist.

I'm a girl and I own corns! Huzzah for corn snakes!

Old 07-20-2007, 09:11 AM   #94
JenC
FEMALE here I used to own cornies but now im moved onto bigger things.. mwahahhaa That most males wouldnt even touch

Im getting back into Cornies tho, im very excited

Old 07-26-2007, 05:21 PM   #95
Seakat
I am a girl with 2 males snakes and 1 female. I have to say...I love my boys, their personality seems to be a lot more mellow that my female. She is a little high strung--kind of a spook. She is a Blizzard -what can I say. It's not the first time I have heard Blizzard parents say that they are little spooky at times.

I also think it would be interesting to see how many science geeks are out there as well. Someone mention earlier about backgrounds and not just male or female. I was a Molecular Biology Major and I have always had a zoo- the herps are a recent addition.

My husband is a science geek as well, he majored in Genetics and what a couple we make. We have conversations in the car about possible outcomes if we breed our snakes etc....can't help it. SCIENCE RULES!!!!

Old 08-08-2007, 01:05 PM   #96
SnBMeg
Well, let's see.

Female
23 yo
5'6 and ~95 lbs. - my metabolism is absolutely through the roof, and it's genetic (mostly tall/slim people in my family, though I'm one of the extremes for the latter) so it's next to impossible for me to gain weight
Caucasian (mostly, lots of European ancestry, with a bit of Native American): dark blonde hair and green eyes
Fav. foods: steak, bbq, and rich, fudgey chocolate

I look rather like a girly-girl now, but I never have been. As a kid I loved bugs and scalies and slimies, and I still do. The two most common things I hear from people I've just met are along the lines of "I thought you were 16, or something" and "you need to eat more."

When I was little I wanted to be a veterinarian, and I took an extra year of biology in high school (LOVED dissections, and there was an odd number of people in the class, so I ended up working on my own, which was awesome). Then with only half a semester of hs left, I decided to switch to art (always liked to draw). Majored in animation in college, with a couple of illustration courses on the side. And I'm now working at a major Space Systems Company, creating multimedia for online training courses and the like. I occasionally enter work in art shows; last year I won "Best of Show" at Nan Desu Kan (Denver's big anime/Japanese culture convention). My prefered animation style is silhouette (traditionally, sort of a combination between stop-motion and shadow puppets), and I do a lot of paper cut-out artwork. I also enjoy creating Celtic knotwork designs.

I destest hot weather, and am considering moving, at some point in the future, to somewhere that the summers are cooler.

Only one corn snake right now, which I've had for less than a week, but I'm already making plans for more.

My other pets currently include 2 cats and over 50 freshwater/brackish fish. My favorites of my fish are my 4 fancy goldfish. When I was younger I had a cat and a dog, as well as several lizards when I was in elementary/junior high school.

Old 08-15-2007, 01:09 PM   #97
Shelby Snake
We own an alibino corn but I wish i knew what the sex is..

I herd about probing but i dont wanna hurt he or she.

Rik

Old 08-16-2007, 08:22 AM   #98
uberalice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seakat
I also think it would be interesting to see how many science geeks are out there as well. Someone mention earlier about backgrounds and not just male or female. I was a Molecular Biology Major and I have always had a zoo- the herps are a recent addition.

My husband is a science geek as well, he majored in Genetics and what a couple we make. We have conversations in the car about possible outcomes if we breed our snakes etc....can't help it. SCIENCE RULES!!!!
YES! Another Cbus science nerd girl.
I'm currently a middle school biology editor for a textbook company here in Columbus. Majored in zoology, thinking of going back for an advanced degree in either herpetology or parasitology.

Old 08-16-2007, 08:24 AM   #99
uberalice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby Snake
We own an alibino corn but I wish i knew what the sex is..

I herd about probing but i dont wanna hurt he or she.

Rik
Hi Rik,
If performed by someone who is properly trained, probing will not hurt the snake. It is very easy to harm them if you're unsure of probing, but an experienced herp keeper or vet shouldn't have a problem. Granted I wouldn't do it more than necessary (once is enough ) but your snake's breeder or herp vet should be able to do this no problem.

Old 08-21-2007, 07:09 PM   #100
debb
Myturn!!
I live in Jersey with my partner.We have a farm. Horses,goats etc. I am a 49 yr.young grandmom of five(4boys,1girl). We have cresties, a garg., 4 snakes, 2 beardies, and Parrots. I LOVE to cook. Am an avid reader (have read all of Patricia Cornwell, some twice.) Love music, from classic rock to oldies to metal to country and a little rap, & R&B. I am a BIG Trans Siberian fan. Don't know enough politics to even debate about. (just the very basics). Am a christian. I love reptile shows, thunder storms, sushi and seafood. Love TV when I have time to watch.

Oh, yea Girls rule!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread