CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

View Poll Results: Do Girls outnumber Boys?
I am Female and own Corn Snakes. Girls Rule! 217 48.01%
I am Male and own Corn Snakes. Boys Rule! 235 51.99%
Voters: 452. You may not vote on this poll

Sex of Corn Snake Owners: Do Girls out number Boys.
Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 07:03 AM   #71
Velvet
Oh as a side note...

I once saw a questionairre (for people) that had three options for gender:
Male
Female
Other (What else is there!?!?!?! lol)

Old 05-25-2007, 08:56 PM   #72
lalaith
uh velvet

do you really want to know?

Old 05-26-2007, 02:17 AM   #73
v_various
ya, I live in a big city and know lots of strange people. You better believe there is an 'other' option. My old roommate is currently going through the M to F transition right now, it's rather interesting to keep updated on. Yep, gender is not as binary as some believe. Weather your a guy in a girls body, a crossdresser/dragqueen, full out transexual, or prefer androgyny. But I'm no expert, just a girl who hangs out with a variety of people.

but maybe that is a little too involved for a corn snake board.

Old 05-26-2007, 02:28 AM   #74
jaxom1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet
Oh as a side note...
Male
Female
Transgender, pre-op or post-op, hermaphrodite, indeterminate, XY females, XYY males, etc. There are many shades of grey when it comes to gender. As gender reassignment surgery and other lifestyle choices become more available and accepted, the questionaires have to change with the times.

Old 06-02-2007, 01:56 AM   #75
ixcounterfeitxi
My girlfriend actually got ME into the whole reptiles thing.

Old 06-02-2007, 10:44 PM   #76
Malaika
Genders!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet
Oh as a side note...

Male
Female
I actually just discussed this anthropologically recently. In other civilizations, there are more genders than just two. Waaay more. They consider lesbians, gay men, transexuals, etc, genders. Also on a rather freaky note, there are a few civilizations where there is very little medical help and hermaphrodites grow without losing one gender or the other at birth, as would typically happen in the USA. Some of these hermaphrodites are called pubescent males/females because once they hit puberty, they suddenly sprout a penis/vajango. These are usually raised as the other gender before puberty when suddenly they switch genders! Their family just goes 'oh, okay.' and accepts it.

Humans are amazing!

...This has been my dorky moment. I apologize to those who wasted five minutes of their lives reading it.

Old 06-03-2007, 04:10 AM   #77
CALIVIK
OMG! Love this poll!! My 4yr. old DD wanted a corn snake!! That's right! So I held him & bought him, so girls rule at my house! lol
Daddy HATES him!

Vikki

7wk old male candycane (littledani)

Old 06-04-2007, 02:17 AM   #78
Velvet
lol Thanks Malaika, I do agree with you and I am all for being politically correct and accepting people the way they are.

However, this questionnairre was set up by a student and judging from her other answers in that particular test, I highly doubt she knew that she was being politically correct by giving those three options...

Christian, I got my BF into reps too! lol

Old 06-06-2007, 11:44 PM   #79
sprdonkey
Typical my hiney..

The typical male cornsnake owner is most often a man that has a wife or girlfriend that served as the conduit for the scaley obsession. I am a woman, whos other half has been converted after a bad experience with a Boa. Can any of us really call ourselves the exclusive owners in a household where two people do all the work, love all the babies and are intimatley involved in the lives of their pets? Partners rule!!!

Old 06-13-2007, 07:47 AM   #80
mommyof2
I've been watching this thread for a while, and I've got to say, I'm surprised that there are almost an equal number of male owners as females.

Sprdonkey, my boyfriend had a bad experience as well, and he STILL hasn't touched Eddy!! I take that back...when I cleaned his cage last I asked my boyfriend to take him out of the cage. I turn around and he's "scooping" Eddy out of the tank with his feeding box with this horrible "cringing" look on his face. He looked really close at Eddy in the box(Eddy was staring back..I thought they were bonding), got a weird/scared look on his face, and hurried up and put the lid on his box, shivered and handed the box to me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread