CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

SHOW ME YOUR VIV'S

Old 11-30-2007, 10:08 AM   #11
fiscsnaca
heres quick shots of my 2 vivs, I've changed a few things since the last pics I posted (Does anynoe have viv pics?, Baby Green Snake... Any Help Appreciated, Pictures of Your Snakes Home) I did go to fluorescent strip lights with reptisun bulbs instead of the domes, added an extra branch to each one, changed to digital temp probes instead of the analogs, put in soft reptile carpeting so Grassy wouldn't end up eating bedding chips with her crickets, and the rocks/bowl are the next size up for Alexi... Grassy got her hand me downs.

Alexi's Vivarium (bloodred corn snake)

Grassy's Vivarium (rough green snake)

~Alethea

Old 11-30-2007, 01:16 PM   #12
scotchy1ca
Oh. Very nice. I like that back wall of leaves. Maybe I'm gonna have to redecorate.

Scott

Old 11-30-2007, 01:28 PM   #13
Nanci
This is new snake Lily's viv:

Old 11-30-2007, 01:28 PM   #14
Nanci
Lila's viv:

Old 11-30-2007, 01:33 PM   #15
fiscsnaca
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchy1ca View Post
Oh. Very nice. I like that back wall of leaves. Maybe I'm gonna have to redecorate. Scott
Thanks our snakes really like the leaves, our corn is too heavy now I think to climb them without her vines but there are the bendable vines woven all throughout them. They're kinda hidden now, I use to have them sticking out in places but tucked them in to make room for the big branch.

-Alethea

Old 11-30-2007, 01:35 PM   #16
Nanci
Addy's viv:

(I think leaves on the walls, whether they can support the snake or not, give a nice enclosed feeling to it).

Old 11-30-2007, 01:37 PM   #17
Nanci
Future bin of future snake Jasmine:

Old 11-30-2007, 01:40 PM   #18
Nanci
Maizey on top, Jake on the bottom. All vivs now have a digital max/min thermometer
in the warm hide, and a Herpstat thermostat. All the thermostats except this are
the Herpstat ND which has high/low temp alarms.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:17 PM   #19
Snake Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Addy's viv:

(I think leaves on the walls, whether they can support the snake or not, give a nice enclosed feeling to it).
My favourite set-up of the entire page. I'm glad that you give all your snakes really nice enclosures, although I know it's more practical I don't really like a rack-and-bin set-up. I understand that breeders must do this to conserve time and money and the snakes feel more enclosed and safe. But I think if you have less then 10 herps then you should give them all a lovely tank. After all, it's their home for life, the least we should do is make it nice for them.

I hope you don't mind, but I plan on modelling my Corn's viv' like that when he reaches a year old. Just out of interest, are those plants the Exo-Terra ones? Also, where did you get that log from, it looks fantastic.

All the best

David

Old 11-30-2007, 06:28 PM   #20
fiscsnaca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Dave View Post
My favourite set-up of the entire page. I'm glad that you give all your snakes really nice enclosures... Also, where did you get that log from, it looks fantastic.

All the best

David
I agree, My snakes would be asking to move into Nanci's house if they could see that =) and yeah the log or driftwood is awesome!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google