CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Corn Snake Intelligence study...

Old 05-23-2005, 04:41 PM   #11
DdotSpot
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBurkeIII
Mazes and holes my ass!
Umm...uhh...no comment.

Old 05-23-2005, 04:58 PM   #12
Forrest
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmm
Basically they proved a snake can remember where his own hole is. I am surprised they didn't do something more involved.
Likewise. They should have focues more on signals that indicate where the hole is and move those signals and holes about. Then, they should have kept the same signals and holes but with a different environment, etc.

Old 05-23-2005, 06:43 PM   #13
Buschjs
Thats very interesting, I can see the University of Rochester from my house. I had no idea that they did that type of research.

Old 05-24-2005, 11:02 AM   #14
HeatherP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dionythicus
Did they put the snake into the maze directly after the mouse? I'll bet the snake would make short work of that maze in pursuit. It just takes the right motivation.

Mouse: "What's my motivation for this scene?"
Answer: "The cheese at the end of tha maze."

Snake: "What's my motivation for this scene?"
Answer: "The mouse eating the cheese."

Zzzzziiiiiiipppp! Slurp!
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
omg I will be laughing over that for the rest of the month

Old 05-24-2005, 03:45 PM   #15
dionythicus
Glad I could be of service!

Old 05-24-2005, 06:40 PM   #16
TBurkeIII
dan....ROFLMAO

nobody thought of that except you !!!!!

Old 05-25-2005, 12:54 AM   #17
Sisuitl
Yeah, I have a gartersnake that hurls himself against the front of the viv when I walk into the room. Then he gets all frantic until he's let out. After he's out, he carefully examines every square inch of my hands until he's satisfied there is no food (I handfeed him except when he gets guppies), then curls up in my sleeve and sleeps.

Honestly, why would anyone expect a snake to go through a maze for no reason? If it's cozy and the temps are right, why move?

I would be interesting to take a bunch of breeding season ready male corns and put them through a maze with a female corn in season at the end, without the female having crawled through the maze before. That way they would have to go strictly by air scenting and memorizing which way is the right way. I bet (I mean, um, hypothesize) that they would do just as well as any rodent.

Old 05-25-2005, 02:00 PM   #18
dionythicus
Y'know, that's a great idea. Give them a reason to want to wander through a maze. It's all about "why", not "how", with reptiles. Kinda like cats. And women. We need to know why should we do this or that, not "how to". We usually already know how!

Old 05-26-2005, 11:39 PM   #19
CAV
A two year resurrection on a thread...........Is this a new record????

CowboyWay's name was a dead give away.

Old 05-27-2005, 02:12 AM   #20
jazzgeek
I guess we're bringing back the reruns because "sweeps" are coming to an end.

regards,
jazz

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google