CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Other Animals and Related Items Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Other Animals and Related Items Wanted Any other types of animals, plus caging, feeders, etc, WANTED can be posted within this area.

Tri-Color Hognose

Old 01-25-2009, 03:01 PM   #11
DeadMouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jynx View Post
I appreciate everyone's help! I've seen the bi-colors, and they are absolutely beautiful, but I have my heart set on a tri-color.
I totally understand and appreciate your choice, Tri-Colors are truly a gem amongst hognose! We also have an adult pair of Tri's, of which my wife is infatuated with, but we've not had much luck getting viable eggs from them. But we're hopeful!

Quote:
Jenea and I are working out the terms on a lovely little male right now, so thank you so so much for referring her.
You couldn't have done better than picking Jenea, South American Hognose is what she really seems to be known for and she has such lovely ones to boot. I know you'll be happy getting one from her.

Quote:
She has been very helpful and kind enough to "fascilitate my dive into Hoggies" (her words not mine). ... She has been an absolute pleasure to deal with, and has already done me the favor of enrolling me in HA (Hognose Anonymous... she thinks I'll need it )
There's a HA group? And here I thought it was laughter at me for digging ourselves deeper into our own hognose madness! I say this as I'm also responding to a seller about trying to ship another Hypo hognose to us hopefully soon. I swear, this better be the last one, it just better be.

Trust me, if you are new to the world of hognose, be prepared for Mr. Toads Wild Ride (wait, now that I think about it, hognose would LOVE a ride like that!) because there are going to be a ton of great things coming out of the Western hognose world within the next few years. We're very excited over here because we have been very very fortunate to have been able to get most of the key ingredient morphs, most of which are terribly expensive right now, but like with anything, those prices will drop once more people start producing them.

Here was a good thread discussing some of the current morphs out there: http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74556

Here's a pic of one of our Pink Pastels, Sherry:

Welcome to the world of hognose, I know you will get a lot of enjoyment out of yours.

Old 01-25-2009, 05:21 PM   #12
Jynx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Ooh, I'm glad you went with her! And don't worry- there will soon be plenty of females to match!!

Are you going to join the yahoo hognose group? It's small, people have a hoggy or two, or lots, and we post pics of them and OTHER snakes, too. It's a good way to stay in touch with other hoggy lovers!
Jenea has been a buyer's dream so far. She has even offered a female high-black yearling female (that was at one time a keeper) to go with him since she is the only unrelated female she has left.

I'll definitely check it out. They haven't come in yet, and actually due to the weather probably won't for a while, but I can still be a "psuedo" member

Troy, they haven't even gotten here yet and I can already see myself falling in love with this project. I just can't understand why I really never appreciated this breed before now. Maybe its the egg eating video... it just melted my heart!

And that little pastel baby is absolutely adorable!

Nom Nom Nom... Hognose vs Egg

My parents have a big old wild Hognose that hangs out around their barn property. I think she's been there for probably about 4 years or so. She really doesn't bother anyone, but she definitely helps keep the mice out of the grain. The horses have even grown accustomed to him and it seems like some will actually give him a wide berth rather than just step on him. I just don't have the heart to collect her... she's kind of a barn mascot lol. Even mom has warmed up to her being there, and she hates snakes. She even named her "Snooty"

I can't thank you guys enough for your help! Pictures are soon to come!

Old 01-25-2009, 05:31 PM   #13
Jynx
Here is a teaser pic of the male. He is an 08 out of a high-contrast male and an aberrant female. Jenea is working on getting me a few more pics of him and of the female as well.

Old 01-25-2009, 06:02 PM   #14
Nanci
You are going to love them so much! They are such funny little snakes. Here's an old video of Zee. (The camera would rather focus on the grass, but I still think it's funny! You can see me spotting him at the end. He just wanted to burrow!)

Old 01-25-2009, 06:40 PM   #15
Nanci
Here are some pics of Zee's viv:

Old 01-25-2009, 06:41 PM   #16
Nanci
Another .

Old 01-25-2009, 06:42 PM   #17
Nanci
Another .

Old 01-25-2009, 06:53 PM   #18
Jynx
Nanci that video is so cute! Thanks for posting it. Also, thanks for posting pics of the viv. Is that a 10 gallon? I have an extra one of those lying around... at least them he'd be on display instead of in a bin

Old 01-25-2009, 07:09 PM   #19
DeadMouse
Very nice looking male there!

That's an awesome anecdote about the hoggie in the barn, she's obviously earning her keep.

Thanks for the comment on Sherry, she is by far my wifes pride and joy. I will say though, she was a real headache for the past year due to eating inconsistencies. Only until the last few months has she put aside her finickiness and decided to eat practically everything in sight. So, she's finally beginning to put on some much needed weight. I can't wait to see what she'll look like as an adult.

And no, this pseudo member thing will just not do. If you are already knee deep in making arrangements now for not one, but two hoggies, you are just as hopeless as the rest of us. Welcome to the club!

Old 01-25-2009, 07:11 PM   #20
Nanci
Yes, that's a ten gallon! I like spacious vivs, and I don't feel like he's crowded in there.

I can't wait to see the hold-back female! I looked on Jenea's site a while ago, and was sad that she didn't have a pair for you- and look what she came up with!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google