CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Hey Everybody

Old 03-23-2017, 12:22 AM   #1
KGAmryn
Hey Everybody

Well, hey everybody! I'm new here and figured that my first post ought to be here introducing myself.

I currently own zero reptiles. However, I recently fell in love with corn snakes and I dream of owning one someday. Right now, the biggest factor stopping me is the fact that I have a menagerie of aquatic critters. I feel like learning to care for a snake (and stressing over it) would lead me to burnout in both hobbies.

In the meantime, I do still hope to lurk around and learn as much as I can about snakes. =]

~KGAmryn

Old 03-23-2017, 02:59 AM   #2
DollysMom

I'm glad you were here. You can learn a lot just by reading here. I found this forum before I got my first snake and it helped a lot. Being cautious about adding another animal to those you already have is a good thing. I hate to admit it but the first day with the new snake I'm happy, but I also have knots in my stomach. Fortunately, the knots quickly go away and the joy of settling in with my new snake takes over. I've been careful, but once the decision is made I've had no regrets. So I hope it is for you when you decide to get your first snake. Best wishes.

Old 03-23-2017, 04:37 AM   #3
KGAmryn
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post

I'm glad you were here. You can learn a lot just by reading here. I found this forum before I got my first snake and it helped a lot. Being cautious about adding another animal to those you already have is a good thing. I hate to admit it but the first day with the new snake I'm happy, but I also have knots in my stomach. Fortunately, the knots quickly go away and the joy of settling in with my new snake takes over. I've been careful, but once the decision is made I've had no regrets. So I hope it is for you when you decide to get your first snake. Best wishes.
Thank you! That's very reassuring to hear. =] On a similar note, I really wish that I knew someone who owned a corn snake. It would be so helpful to interact with one to see if I should seriously consider owning one. I'm planning on going to a NorCal expo in May (in Alameda, Ca). I hope to be able to see some corn snakes older than hatchling age, as seeing little babies at a pet store is probably way less intimidating than seeing an adult.

Old 03-23-2017, 07:01 AM   #4
Dragonling
Hi hi! What kind of aquatic critters do you have? I guarantee a snake is probably easier than just about anything in aquatics...except maybe java moss!

Old 03-23-2017, 12:12 PM   #5
KGAmryn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonling View Post
Hi hi! What kind of aquatic critters do you have? I guarantee a snake is probably easier than just about anything in aquatics...except maybe java moss!
Haha! I have:

20g hex with Red Cherry Shrimp and some juvenile guppies (these ones don't seem to bother the shrimp, plenty of hides for the babies too)

20g high with green Babaulti shrimp.

10g quarantine tank with peppered corys

Right now I'm moving away from the guppies to get into keeping the shrimp. =]

Old 04-14-2017, 12:21 PM   #6
CornNut
Hi
If you are in the Bay Area, you should go to the East Bay Vivarium (in Berkeley, at Hearst and 5th st) where you will be able to handle snakes of many varieties and ages. The staff there also has a lot of very useful information!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google