• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

ava, Copper, Kastanie, Mahogany, Sunrise

Erilazz

Probably I will raise a beaten topic.
I would like to clarify the difference in the phenotype (as well as the genetic component) of such morphs as -Java, Copper, Kastanie, Mahogany, Sunrise. What is known now about these morphs, who is selective, who is allelic and so on.
What variations still exist?
Photo example is desirable
Thank you.

Best person to ask might be Steve Roylance. At the very least they are all allelic. My understanding was that Java is now thought to be the same as one of the others, but I have not kept up with the Kastanie conundrum. There is another allelic oddity that popped up in Steve's collection, which he dubbed Orange Things. Mystery on top of mystery. :shrugs:

Best person to ask might be Steve Roylance. At the very least they are all allelic. My understanding was that Java is now thought to be the same as one of the others, but I have not kept up with the Kastanie conundrum. There is another allelic oddity that popped up in Steve's collection, which he dubbed Orange Things. Mystery on top of mystery. :shrugs:

Orange Things - yes saw.
Sunrise is very different
But Java, Copper, Kastanie, Mahogany - alleles or phenotypic varieties, different lines of one gene?

I suspect the four are phenotypic varieties, but just like with strawberry/xmas/hypo and the possibly myriad red factor genes, it's difficult to prove out.

Back