• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Pepper x Buzztail Granite/Bloodred Hatchlings *World Premiere!!*

There was another hatchling waiting for me when I woke up this morning!! Presenting Baby H- the First To Bite! This baby is a fiesty!! Baby H weighed in at 10 grams- but my baby scale died so I had to weigh him in the big snake scale. It is only accurate to 1.0 grams, I think, not 0.1.

Attachments

• PB2010_01H 002cr.jpg
    PB2010_01H 002cr.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 76
Then when I got home after stopping at Petsmart to buy 11 water bowls...I found these two bloodreds! This leaves one egg from the clump un-pipped, and the five single eggs un-pipped. The single eggs are 30% larger than the eggs in the clump, I'd estimate.

Attachments

• Baby Pile IJcr.jpg
    Baby Pile IJcr.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 76
And finally, weighing in at 10 grams, Baby J. I wish I had my good scale- but it seems like the later they emerge, the bigger they are. It will be interesting to see how big the rest are, if/when they hatch.

Attachments

• PB2010_01J 002cr.jpg
    PB2010_01J 002cr.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 75
Baby J says "I want to come live with _you_!!" XOXOXOX

Attachments

• PB2010_01J 003cr.jpg
    PB2010_01J 003cr.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 75
All my racks (on carpet) are on those plastic slidey things for moving furniture, called furniture sliders. So they are easy to move around. So when you buy a big pack of them at Home Depot or wherever, to get the big plastic ones I want, they come in a pack with four big plastic sliders and four soft furry sliders for sliding on hardwood floors. So- I didn't have a use for those, but didn't throw them away, and they make nice hatchling hides!

Attachments

• Number One 07_28 001cr.jpg
    Number One 07_28 001cr.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 74
Here's how Number One's bin started out...(now it has a little pile of moist moss, too). Other babies have clumps of shredded craft paper, little boxes, etc. I found out that if you cut toilet paper tubes in half, they go flat.

Attachments

• Number One 07_28 006_800.jpg
    Number One 07_28 006_800.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 76
Here's the Hatchling Hotel, looking a lot more lived-in than the last time I posted it!! The Pepper x Ruby clutch is on the right. The left side has the lav het pewter stripe babies, and if any of the El Wray x Cherry clutch hatches, they will go on the left.

Attachments

• Hatchling Hotel800.jpg
    Hatchling Hotel800.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 76
The last egg of the big clump of 11 has pipped, and the first of the big separate eggs has pipped now. I can't wait to see how the size of the babies compares.

Fingers crossed for more babies out when you get home tonight and check on them. I never knew how hard it would be not having the eggs/hatchlings here for me to check on constantly.

Daily update!

First, we have baby K, fondly known as Killer. This little one attacked me fiercely right in the egg container! Killer weighs in at 9 grams.

Don't miss Killer's very own thread!

Attachments

• PB2010_01K 001cr.jpg
    PB2010_01K 001cr.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 55
And L is for Lova! This wiggle worm was the least cooperative for photographing. S/he just wanted to be picked up! Here s/he is, laying there sulkily..."Fine- you can take my picture, but it isn't going to be pretty!!"

Attachments

• PB2010_01L 001cr.jpg
    PB2010_01L 001cr.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 55
Okay, I'll pick up the baby! Look, s/he's still all pouty. (I know- I'm very anthropomorphic...) Lova is a 10 gram baby.

Attachments

• PB2010_01L 003cr.jpg
    PB2010_01L 003cr.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 55
Wow! Once they finally got going with the hatching they are doing great! Tonight or tomorrow will bring 2 more. How exciting!

Back