• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Special sale offerings to contributors?

Rich Z

Administrator
Staff member
I'm toying with the idea of offering special sales to the contributors on this site, and am kicking around ideas of how best to implement it. I guess I could set up a separate forum to show the offerings, or just post them in the Insider's Forum. Not sure what would be best. But I would also need a way to verify that ONLY contributors were taking part in the specials. Perhaps requiring the member name here would work. And the email address would have to match as well, I guess.

But I'm thinking this would be a great way to thank people for being contributors on this site, and perhaps stimulate more to join in.

Any ideas? I only think about this while I am taking care of the baby snakes when my mind can wander a bit.....

Sounds like a great idea. I know that non contributors can view the insiders forum, is there a way to set up a forum that only contibutors can view? Or maybe you can set up a confirming email type situation, that is, send the potential buyer an email containing a question or something that they have to respond back directly to you. there's probably holes in both of those suggestions, but hey, you still make some cash! :shrugs:

Being on the other side of the atlantic makes it a bit hard for me to just buy snakes from you without a lot of fore-planning, but I'd be interested in something like that if geography made it more convenient!

Hmm, actually I thought I had set it up so that non contributors could NOT read the threads in the Insiders forum. I guess I need to check on that. :bang:

But to answer your question, yes, I should be able to do that.

Rich Z said:
Hmm, actually I thought I had set it up so that non contributors could NOT read the threads in the Insiders forum. I guess I need to check on that. :bang:

But to answer your question, yes, I should be able to do that.
Not 100% sure, but I think only contributors can post, but anyone can view.

I just checked and that shouldn't be the case. Regular members can view the forum itself, but none of the threads inside of the forum.

Rich Z said:
I just checked and that shouldn't be the case. Regular members can view the forum itself, but none of the threads inside of the forum.
Well, that could be your ticket then :cheers:

What a nice thought! I am always in favor of anything that lets me enjoy my favorite hobby at a reduced cost.
Is there anyway to set it up on your website so that when the contributing members log in it recognizes them and automatically gives the special rate?
(Although it would probably be a lot less work to just post it in the insider's forum. )

Ya, the last time I lost my cookies I could not read this forum before I logged in.

I haven't thought much about any of the details yet. I just wanted to see if there was any interest at all in this.

I think that a message on the forum and if possible an email with an announcement would be nice. Especially if you put some albino type corns on it. For us NJ folks. **Especially butter stripes**

AYE! AYE! AYE!

Sure, I'm already WAY over budget, have more SerpenCo stock than I can count, but simply can't resist a sale! (I'll say it for everyone..."Typical Woman!") At least I'll be able to window shop.

(Ok, Wife went to bed and isn't looking over my shoulder...)

I'm for it !! :grin01:

Not sure if I can squeeze any more snakes in the budget atm...BUT...would surely love a shot at one or two yearlings. I know those who posted about Daytona were just raving about the yearlings you had Rich.

Sounds like a great idea!

Of course, as soon as word gets out, you may have a LOT more contributors, once they realize they are missing out on something they consider valuable, but is not in the "freebie" forum area, lol!

Back