• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Python Identification

hypnoctopus

Olivia Barron
I just came across this ad on Craigslist for a Boelen's python, and I was just wondering if it is what they say it is. I thought they were really rare?

boelenspython.png

*Corrected, that's appears to be a bredyli*.

Last edited:
maybe the mom doesn't know what they go for!

Very pretty.. I would contact them and see what is going on.

My son would do something like that and then stick me with all the babies! LOL

I actually did contact them, still waiting for a reply. I'm wondering if it's a scam - but I kinda feel like it isn't because it's not a well-known python. I feel like if it was a scam, they'd be offering high-end ball pythons for very little money, or something like that. And I reverse-searched the image with TinEye, and it didn't find any results.

I know a lot of guns are offered on CL at low prices as a scam. Often you can find the same gun on Gunbroker (at about twice the price). I don't know exactly how the scam works, but presumably they ask for a payment and never had the merchandise in the first place.

My bad! I have been informed by Firebug those are those are Centralian pythons (Morelia bredli.)

Yep, definitely Morelia Bredli. That's a great price on a proven female too.

I, too, would love to have a Boelens, but even imported hatchlings are around $2,500. I know a few people working with this species, but as far as I know, no one has successfully bred them in the States.

I hope no one else gets suckered into thinking they bought a Boelens; I hate false advertising! Oh well, it could be worse; they could pay a Boelens price for a Bredli.

Kathy

Could just be a case of people being sold something and told it was something it's not. I see that at work all the time, people will show us pictures of malamutes and huskies and tell us they are wolf dogs. *facepalm*
I would think that it's just a mistaken person before a scammer IMO

Yep, definitely Morelia Bredli. That's a great price on a proven female too.

I, too, would love to have a Boelens, but even imported hatchlings are around $2,500. I know a few people working with this species, but as far as I know, no one has successfully bred them in the States.

I hope no one else gets suckered into thinking they bought a Boelens; I hate false advertising! Oh well, it could be worse; they could pay a Boelens price for a Bredli.

Kathy

Oops; my bad. It looks like Marc Spataro hatched a clutch in 2012.

I was just about to correct you on that one. Lol. I know that Boelen's are still in short supply, but it appears that there have been more than a few people successfully hybridizing them with carpets (Coelen's).

It could be a case of intentionally trying to deceive people, but I think it's more of a case of the person getting Bredl & Beolens mixed up.
That is clearly not a Boelens.

Marc is on my friends list, on FB, he's a really nice guy, with beautiful animals.
I'd love to have Boelen's someday!

Still cheap even for a bredli's. It's probable that the mom doesn't even know what they are. I'd buy them all and sell the babies off later. Proven female....she's pretty.Bredli's are pretty pythons too...my friend had some. Boelens aren't that rare. You can find them but they are expensive.

Back