CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Online feeders in CANADA?

Old 12-28-2014, 04:14 PM   #1
jennwhittingham
Online feeders in CANADA?

Does anyone here from canada order feeder rodents online? I live in PEI with no access to local breeders. Any ideas for getter decent priced feeders? Im currently paying $6 for 4 pinkies.

The only online stores I've found do not ship to canada

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 12-29-2014, 12:16 AM   #2
albertagirl
I don't know about east coast, but there's The Canadian Mouseman in Calgary, who ships all over Canada. Not sure on prices. www.canadianmouseman.com

Old 12-29-2014, 08:38 PM   #3
Amanda47
Member dave partington here has a thread with a list of suppliers and has a section for Canadian shippers.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=131920

The first one (coreywoods) doesn't look good anymore, but the other two might be worth checking out.

Old 12-30-2014, 10:08 AM   #4
Crazy Colubrids
I purchase all my frozen feeders from Canadian Mouseman (Tyrone). There is also Snake Snax who is a little further east.

Old 12-30-2014, 11:16 AM   #5
Rigby & Marcy
Snake Snax is in Manitoba. I've heard good things about him and he ships in Canada.

I have no idea how much shipping would be for a package to PEI or cost of dry ice etc. but if anyone local is ever stuck for mice, I raise my own and always have a few extra. Especially pinkies.

Old 12-30-2014, 12:06 PM   #6
jennwhittingham
I tried snake snax... He wanted $127 in shipping for 50 pinkies and 50 hoppers due to the fact that neither air canada now westjet ship cargo to PEI. had to go with fed ex... Be cheeper to breed my own

Old 12-30-2014, 12:51 PM   #7
Afrederi
There's got to be a supplier in the Toronto area. There's enough interest in reptiles there.

Old 12-30-2014, 02:11 PM   #8
Rigby & Marcy
I got a sample rate from FedEx of $55 to ship a 1 kg box to a random address in Summerside... with the cost of ice and packaging I guess it would be somewhat more, but $127 almost sounds like the price WITH mice (?)

Also, how many snakes do you have and what weight? One snake is probably never going to eat 50 of each size... plus you'd need fuzzies in between.

Old 12-30-2014, 02:22 PM   #9
jennwhittingham
Sorry i ment fuzzies. I have 1 snake but planning on getting another soon.

That is the quote he sent me... Needless to say ill be going a different route.

Old 12-30-2014, 03:09 PM   #10
jennwhittingham
He is currently 21g and eating 2 pinkies every 5 days. Due to eat again tomorrow.

What would be a better suggestion for amounts? I was just guessing as this is my first snake and i have no idea how fast this guy is gonna grow.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google