CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

When to go from hopper to adult mouse for feeding?

Old 02-01-2015, 05:33 PM   #1
guacamole
When to go from hopper to adult mouse for feeding?

Not sure how old my corn snake is (at least 2) but wonder when to change? He's 2 1/2 feet long but relatively thin.

Old 02-01-2015, 05:49 PM   #2
hypnoctopus
In between hopper and adult mice is a weanling mouse. Try to feed him a mouse that is about 1 to 1.5 times as wide as the widest part of him. A more accurate way to gauge it would be to weigh him and base the mouse size off of that. At two years old, my corns have been eating adult mice for quite a while. My 2013s have just started eating adults.

Old 02-01-2015, 07:25 PM   #3
MysticExotics
I switch mine from hoppers to weanlings just over 90 grams, then I switch them to adults just over 170grams.

Old 02-03-2015, 03:13 PM   #4
Chip
I feed hoppers a little longer than most, up until 125-150 grams. I no longer feed adult mice at all, except for breeding females. Adults get weans on a 7 day schedule, snakes needing to put on size get them on a 5 day. I think everyone starts off with a chart, and eventually falls into what works for their collection.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google